Autumnal Plans

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
pebblesfromheaven
pebblesfromheaven
853 posts

doddo
Oct 02, 2003, 16:04
I've seen all except the one just down from the clubhouse.

The one near the quarry is hard to find as it is in ankle-breaking heather, then when found is dissapointingly covered in lichen anyway.
The cross-shaped one in the centre of the fort is very worn, but to be found in what's an obvious place once you've found it!
The large one with the best carvings is right near the fairway and unlikely to be very overgrown. There are some others which will be covered by bracken but they are a bit boring ;-P

I can see Doddington Moor from my garden ;-)
But I am moving :-( so if you are wanting a guide better come up soon!

.o0O0o.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: Autumnal Plans
Oct 02, 2003, 17:39
Well, apart from my well-documented forthcoming trip to Keldy Forest in the North Yorshire Moors, I'm gonna be flitting around a fair old bit, I think!

Nothing set in stone, although as it is Mrs Goffik's Mam's birthday on Monday, I might treat her to a trip to the "not quite Avebury" bits and pieces! Spurred on by the wonderful photos by Moth of the Marlborough Mound, etc... She'll love it!

A return trip to the Rempstone circle will no doubt be on the cards. And maybe Nine Barrows Down while I'm there. Maybe the Harpstone for the hell of it.

Ooh, ooh! And the Nine Stones of Winterbourne Abbas! And Kingston Russell! And lots of holy wells around that part of the country (Abbotsbury, Cerne Abbas, etc).

I'm salivating. Must stop now...

Lots to do, and no bugger else will be around cos it'll be raining and cold and I love it!

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhahaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

GOFFIK
xxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXxXXXxxxx

and reeelaxxx......

Oooooh! AND a return visit to Maiden Castle. Must get back there with some proper company. Last time was a washout due to baaaad attitude people! Gasp! Pant!
baza
baza
1308 posts

Re: Phobias
Oct 02, 2003, 17:50
aibohphobia

fear of palindromes
ocifant
ocifant
1758 posts

Oct 02, 2003, 18:02
<i>Lots to do, and no bugger else will be around cos it'll be raining and cold and I love it!</i>

That's why we're off to Kernow again tomorrow. Just packing the backs now. Got a long list of wells and others sites that I haven't seen yet, as well as some old favourites...

See you all in a week or so..
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Re: Phobias
Oct 02, 2003, 20:31
LOL!!!

A thing of beauty Baz!

love

Moth
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Oct 02, 2003, 20:34
Cool stuff Oci - my next coupla blogs'll cover 9 Stones, Kingston Russell & about 20 others if I can just find some time to write the buggers!!!

love

Moth
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

GOFFIK GOFFIK GOFFIK I MEANT!!!
Oct 02, 2003, 20:42
Please don't take offence either of you!!!!!!! I just emailed Oci & still had his name in me head!!!!!

I love you both!!!! SOZ!!!!

Morfe... I mean MOTH (sorry Morfe!)
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Oct 02, 2003, 21:26
Well, Oci, you have a bloody good time! We went last September as well, and it PISSED it down! But as we don't give a monkey's, it just meant we could enjoy the places on our own!

Minack was a washout, though... got cancelled about 2 thirds of the way through. I was enjoying it as well!

But Cornwall in the wet is just as beautiful as in the dry. Only in a much different way. We actually found the Madron holy well in May, even though it had been wet, but it lent a mysterious air to the place. Must try again in the more clement weather cos it was a bit flooded. But worth the explore through the trees.

I'm dead jealous, me! ;o)

G
x
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: GOFFIK GOFFIK GOFFIK I MEANT!!!
Oct 02, 2003, 21:29
Moff, Moff, Moff... tsktsktsk! Have a word wiv yerself, willya? ;o)

I don't mind - I've been called muchmuchmuch worse, believe me!

Avebury, huh? Only an hour of so from me - let me know when you're there next and we can sort it out then.

Tsk!

G
xxx
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Re: doddo
Oct 03, 2003, 00:20
"I can see Doddington Moor from my garden"

You jammy gyet!
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index