Unsung Forum »
smog hit the big time

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
elderford
482 posts

smog hit the big time
Jan 30, 2003, 10:33
go check out domino records, or just read this:

The latest (Smog) album, Accumulation:None, has entered the 'Official Danish Album Chart' this week at #51! It's unfathomable to us that this is the first time Domino has charted in Denmark so thank you to all those Danish (Smog) fans out there!
242 posts

23 says thanks
Feb 01, 2003, 00:15
hey elderford. Got the vcd's today, and very nice they were too. Pitty the Cope concert was mainly his St Julian stuff, don't you think? Would have loved to have heard more off his 1st 2 albums. Still worth watching, and reasonable picture quality. I gave up on the teardrops o.g.w.t, as the picture wasn't that good. Cope presenting Totp wasn't as exciting as I thought it might be, but I enjoyed watching his Modern Antiquarian programme again.

Regarding Smog, what's your favourite album? Me got Doctor... and Red Apple Falls which are both worthy, but i want to track down that album with bathosphere on it? You know it?
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Dongs of Sevotion
Feb 01, 2003, 17:17
If only for Dress Sexy At My Funeral
Vox Phantom
104 posts

Re: 23 says thanks
Feb 03, 2003, 16:33
Hello,

Bathysphere is on "Wild Love," which is an otherwise patchy album, in my opinion. Growing pains between bedroom 4-track days and real studios, I think. Worth owning, though, for Bathysphere, It's Rough, and the hilarious Prince Alone in the Studio.

My favourite Smog albums are "Julius Caesar" (4-track era) and "Knock Knock" (came out after Red Apple Falls). You also can't go wrong with the "Kicking a Couple Around" ep.
Adam H
4 posts

Re: Julius Caesar
Feb 03, 2003, 17:59
A classic, i love it.

AH
Unsung Forum Index