Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
the radio and music

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
242 posts

the radio and music
Jan 21, 2003, 23:42
What radio shows do people reccomend as regards playing decent music? A must for me is the Breeze Block every early Tuesday morning (m'night till 2). I sometimes listen to the Peel show too, where I discovered artists like jeoffrey Lewis and Exploding Plastics. Trouble is there's a load of mor indie crooning and mor punk. The electronica tends to be pretty good and from unheard of artists, mind.
If the cd player worked on my computer, I would probably listen to a lot more music and be able to compile nearly as big lists as those that get in soundtracks... It registers as playing but there is no sound. Anyone know why this is?
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: the radio and music
Jan 22, 2003, 01:19
John Peel, The Brand New Opry
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Jan 22, 2003, 22:28
I'd have to say Jonathan Ross on Radio 2.
Telepathine
371 posts

Jan 22, 2003, 22:56
Loadsa stuff on BBC6. Every show has at least a few decent tunes, and even those dreaded A and B lists of 'must plays' are not too bad. I'd recommend the Brinsley Ford shows on a Saturday and Sunday, top reggea, dub, ska, dancehall etc...
The only downside being you need to be online to hear it, have a digibox or own a digital radio.
Shits all over the FM/MW terrestrial stations.
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Jan 23, 2003, 10:31
For day time radio it has to be Marc and Lard.
They will play the "playlist" if they like it;if not its just the opening bars then they bung on some Fall/Bowie/Undertones, whatever they've got.
Plus all the silly chatty things they do aswell keep me grinning through the afternoon.
notd8o)
curry100
38 posts

Jan 24, 2003, 15:29
XFM on Sunday evenings 10pm has a section called flowmotion which is usually perfect for sunday before work feeling.
Need Sky, DAB, or to be in london to hear it though.

Also same station Saturday's 1pm Ricky Gervais & Steve Merchant is usually pretty funny.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Jan 27, 2003, 14:04
I've been getting into Resonance FM quite often over recent months. Lots of (weird) stuff you just wouldn't hear on any other radio station. I like the kinda community/pirate feel of it too. The only drawback being that you have to live in London, and even then you need to be near enough to the city centre to receive it. It can be heard on-line though.
http://rad.spc.org/lmc/reso/tempres.htm
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

resonance FM
Jan 27, 2003, 14:49
A mate of mine is a Resonance DJ. He told me that for Christmas day, they played the entirety of the Throbbing Gristle 24-hour box set.

Is that cool, or what?
Unsung Forum Index