Register
Unsung Forum »
Earth

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
the sensual santa
14 posts

Earth
Jan 20, 2003, 22:08
I've just got Earth 2 by Earth, its fantastic, three long sub-sabbath extended stoner riffs that put you right in the zone, perfect antidote to pointless idiocy of most of dayly life in london. Cant wait to see them at A.T.P Love & Peace Santa x
alan lake soon
349 posts

Re: Earth
Jan 21, 2003, 10:49
Earth2 is great, innit? Heard Sunn O)))? I prefer the first one to the Flight of the Behemoth, myself. It's more purely pure.
I'd steer well clear of Khanate despite JC's endorsement...there's a point beyond which it's shouty death metal in a Columbine Trenchcoat Mafia style. Any other good Drone-a-thons anyone
TightPurpleShirt
281 posts

Re: Boris
Jan 21, 2003, 19:18
Have either of you got into this Japanese band. They do the spectrum from the Glacial super heavy stuff to super fast metal, through in some acoustic numbers too and it all add up to a very cool band indeed. Would recommend 'Amplifier Worshop' as a good place to start.

TpS
TightPurpleShirt
281 posts

Re: Boris
Jan 21, 2003, 19:19
AMPLIFIER WORKSHOP*

ToPS
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Earth
Jan 22, 2003, 13:33
"Earth 2" is fantastic, isn't it? I'm also curious to see what the live show will be like as I've heard (possibly apocryphal) stories of Dylan Carlson turning up to do a gig solo, leaning his guitar up against his giant Marshall stack (oo-er!) and switching it on, then walking offstage to leave it reverberating for 45 minutes, coming back on at the end and switching it off. Sonic Boom, eat your heart out!
Unsung Forum Index