Unsung Forum »
I just discovered Spiritualized

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
braindonor
braindonor
184 posts

I just discovered Spiritualized
Jan 16, 2003, 05:26
So here I am, it's just after midnight, I'm in Toronto flipping the channels on the TV and I stop on the CBC because they are showing a live video of some band with what seems like as many members as the bad seeds. And there is this awesome guitar sound wailing away and then I swear that I see a guy playing keyboards who looks like Thighpaulsandra.

Then the camera moves in close on him and I'm sure it's Thipe. The video ends and the credit says Spiritualized: on fire (or I'm on fire). And I am truly blown away, very very cool sound, like the singer a lot too. I guess I have been missing out on them for quite some time.

So now I am hoping that somewhere out there someone will help me get started on building my Spiritualized cd collection. What should I get first? I mean, right now I'm so blown away I want to buy them all!!
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Re: I just discovered Spiritualized
Jan 16, 2003, 07:48
You may well end up with them all. I did. I don't think there are any bad ones.
Hang on, there's another thread going on about this.
Sim
13 posts

Jan 16, 2003, 07:51
See ratcni01's 'Coil and/or Spiritualized' thread (probably towards the bottom of the page / top of next) for everyone's recommendations. I'd go for Pure Phase first, then Lazer Guided Melodies, Ladies and Gentlemen WAFIS and the live Albert Hall one - save Let it Come Down (the latest one) till last. If you can find it, a copy of Fucked Up Inside' - a rare live album will go down a treat (better than Albert Hall in my opinion)
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Jan 17, 2003, 12:18
If you're gonna end up getting them all (which you probably will) you may as well do it chronologically. (Starting with 'Laser Guided Melodies')

Also, if you haven't heard them yet you might find Spacemen3 float your boat too.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Spacemen3
Jan 17, 2003, 12:36
I fell asleep at one of their gigs. I had just had a shag in the back of the venue, mind.

Sorry, you really don't need to know that.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Re: Spacemen3
Jan 17, 2003, 12:44
I bet that sucked.
Son Of Alice
41 posts

Re: Spacemen3
Jan 17, 2003, 12:46
Or did it blow?
Unsung Forum Index