Register
Unsung Forum »
The Cure

92 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
242 posts

Re: The Cure
Jan 17, 2003, 00:21
Igot into The Cure from the age of about 13/14 and never looked back. Well actually they haven't done anything that has excited me for about 10 years - probably since Wish. Saw them at Glastonbury 95, and it was one of the best gigs I have ever seen (they headlined). Up there with Julian Cope and The Beta Band live.
They've done quite a lot of good b-sides - rather like Cope - too. Are people aware that on the tape version of Standing on a Beach there are the b'sides of the period? And I think the same applies to the tape of Curiosity(a live album) or theres rarities. Strangely they weren't available on Cd.
As for my favourite albums, I would say that Three Imaginery Boys, Faith, 17 seconds, Head on a Door, Disintegration, Kissme and Wish are all worth getting. The above tapes I mentioned for reasons already stated and the video of Show with an epic version of A Forest as a finale.
yes, I was the biggest fan. I've even got Carnage Visors too (some soundtrack they did). Apparently their new album is produced by a Nu Metal producer. It would be nice to see them back in the public eye again - though I'm not sure if they still have anything to offer

is all

Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index