2x Broadcast Demo albums forthcoming from Warp

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2380 posts

Edited Mar 23, 2024, 21:23
2x Broadcast Demo albums forthcoming from Warp
Mar 23, 2024, 21:21
Prob only of interest to a few HHer's, but looking forward to these massively.

https://thequietus.com/articles/33991-warp-records-to-release-two-collections-of-demos-by-broadcast
garerama
garerama
1115 posts

Re: 2x Broadcast Demo albums forthcoming from Warp
Mar 24, 2024, 10:35
Yes, looking forward to these! Trish & I were born a day apart, I see the last one is to be released on what would be her 56th birthday.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2380 posts

Edited Mar 24, 2024, 10:50
Mar 24, 2024, 10:49
Always thought there was more sounds in the basement. Must have been hard for James to go through all the archive stuff though.

I grew up in the same area as Trish, though being a year older, our paths didn't really cross. Was pals with Roj and Tim before the band got going, but kinda drifted when kids came along and we moved outta Moseley. Way back when, anyone with an arty or outsider leaning ended up living in Moseley. Sadly it's mostly gentrified now, and all the characters and faces have blown to the four winds. In the summer it used to empty out at weekends with most folk disappearing off to free festivals or raves. Great music scene and plenty of squat parties.
Good times!
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Mar 24, 2024, 11:30
Ooh, definitely of interest here, thanks for the heads up.
garerama
garerama
1115 posts

Mar 24, 2024, 11:55
Thanks for sharing that. I got into them late (2010)- instantly fell in love with Investigating Witch Cults, was starting to investigate more Broadcast and then she was gone. I do share the exact same birthday as the Bros brothers, but Trish was born one day earlier. So young and so sad.
Kwoo
60 posts

Mar 26, 2024, 17:01
Aw, I can't wait. A huge chunk of my life I've had Broadcast on constant rotation, and no matter how frequently I listened I always found everything they've done so fresh and vivid and amazing... from my first listen as a teen until now.

Only the past few years have I cooled it a bit, the way I have to wrench myself away...
But I'm ready to jump back into the Trish Keenan sonic cosmos. Charge up the planetarium and skin up!
Unsung Forum Index