Unsung Forum »
Queen Elizabeth - The Corpse of Queen Elizabeth

15 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
prefernot
35 posts

Re: Queen Elizabeth - The Corpse of Queen Elizabeth
Mar 01, 2024, 06:05
I tried to order this tonight. Unfortunately, I could not. My guess is that my accounts are frozen. I had to re-apply for health insurance (here in the glorious US and A) because I went from no income to para-poverty-line income. I am committing two major sins: I do not own a smart phone, and I have not used credit in over a decade. The latter is particularly heinous because anybody not deeply in debt (unless they are so rich that the rules do not apply) may understand the reality of money sufficiently to object to a $33T debt. The US Gummint deferred validating my "identity" to the credit bureau. Having a Gummint-tracked device coupled with data mining from a major mobile provider is more important than Gummint issued IDs, documents, etc.

The world must be a terrible place if so many people think that moving to the US and A will be a major upgrade. How is Canada? I hear Canadians generally dislike egotism, which is the major character flaw of most Americans and the reason I won't work in health care in America. I've seen too many highly-paid jerks hurt patients (in a "patients first" workplace) in order to cover up mistakes that might cost somebody their next promotion/raise. If they had to choose between saving your life and saving their career, you'd die.

Sorry for the long tangential diatribe. It's getting nearly impossible for anybody with a brain to live in a country where Trump will likely be elected again as president. The more his sins are revealed, the more support he gains. US politics are like my old lab: people are rewarded for bad behavior.

My head hurts. I could use a new QE album to play while staring out the window. Goto 10.

Unsung Forum Index