Unsung Forum »
Sinead O'Connor rip

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mr Penguin
Mr Penguin
14 posts

Sinead O'Connor rip
Jul 26, 2023, 19:49
Shocked to hear of her death, Lion and Cobra was such a powerful debut album, another soul lost in the SydArthur lunar month
Kid Calamity
9047 posts

Edited Aug 01, 2023, 17:01
Re: Sinead O'Connor rip
Jul 26, 2023, 20:17
Such a sad shock. R.I.P.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Jul 26, 2023, 22:57
Disbelief. A huge loss. RIP
phallus dei
583 posts

Jul 26, 2023, 23:04
Oh no. The Lion & the Cobra and I Do Not Want... were two of my favorite albums in high school. I never really followed her career after that, but will always respect her for those two classics, and for tearing up a picture of the Pope. R.I.P.
radagast
radagast
264 posts

Edited Jul 26, 2023, 23:53
Jul 26, 2023, 23:48
Three great albums among the first four at least (you guess yourself) and a courageous "War" in the face of thousands and thousands of hypocrites gathered to celebrate the then hyped though half-forgotten, half burnt-out pope of protest pop. Moved me to tears at Glastonbury 1995. There is no other Troy for her to burn.
I thought of banshees (bean sidhe) this morning. And of Sinead in the next thought. And then the news tonight...
R.I.P. tormented soul and erratic shapeshifter.
1001realapes
1001realapes
2388 posts

Jul 30, 2023, 05:22
So fuckin' sad
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Aug 02, 2023, 09:35
So sad. The Lion and the cobra was a massively omportant album to me when I was a young girl and I still love it. I actually think it has a lot of similar sounds to St Julian. I'd never seen anything like her, her art and her attitude was hugely inspiring to my emerging self. She never deserved all the hatred she got, how they tried to burn the witch. We now openly say the things she was criticised for. She suffered too much, I think she died of a broken heart.
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Aug 02, 2023, 09:36
I saw her that year at glastonbuty too, she was awe- some!
common era
865 posts

Edited Aug 02, 2023, 15:18
Aug 02, 2023, 15:10
Made me very sad when I heard the news. Universal Mother is still one of my favourite albums, hauntingly emotional. Red Footbal and her cover of Scorn Not His Simplicity simply break my heart. Rest in peace x
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Aug 04, 2023, 06:39
common era wrote:
Made me very sad when I heard the news. Universal Mother is still one of my favourite albums, hauntingly emotional. Red Footbal and her cover of Scorn Not His Simplicity simply break my heart. Rest in peace x

Very sad for Sinead and her family. I saw her live only once at Lollapalooza in 95, but didn't fully appreciate her art until a few years later when my now wife played me Faith and Courage and Universal Mother.

I still listen to Throw Down Your Arms all the time, brilliant album.
Unsung Forum Index