Register
Unsung Forum »
Kozfest

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9047 posts

Kozfest
Jul 26, 2023, 15:28
I don't know whether any Unsung Slingers will be down Devon amid the green grass groovers and tecno-talc hoovers this weekend, but I will.

Headliners I'm particularly looking forward to catching will be Øresund Space Collective, Zubzub, Black Helium and Dark Zen Kollectiv. As ever, down among the bands who have to go on before dark there are always some gloriously eccentric acts to discover or see what they've become since stumbling upon them previously. Bands like Codex Serafini, The Telephones and Trevor's Head. Also, some with intriguing names that I'm yet to experience: Z Machine, The Kundalini Genie, Kungen's Man and September Son.

I'll be there bongo bothering and even playing full kit, for the first time in a public place, since my... thingy.

Anyone else going?
moggieboy
moggieboy
29 posts

Edited Jul 26, 2023, 17:08
Re: Kozfest
Jul 26, 2023, 17:08
I'm going - getting the train down from Glasgow tomorrow via London. Really looking forward to discovering a load of new (to me) acts. Pal's band is headlining Sunday (Dead Otter). Those ones you mentioned (esp Zubzub) are all on the list.

See you there!
Kid Calamity
9047 posts

Aug 03, 2023, 11:48
I hope you enjoyed it and avoided the Kozfest Covid Kurse that seems to have stricken so many of my friends. Touch wood, I'm still negative for it.
Kid Calamity
9047 posts

Aug 03, 2023, 12:06
I was playing there with a few bands, btw. I was doing hand percussion with Shankara Andy Bole, on the Friday afternoon, in the Judge Trev maquee - then dashed up to the Daevid Allen Kozmik stage for a set with Shom.

I was to have performed with Somnambulance on the Saturday afternoon, but was completely befuddled by a generous friend's brownie, and thought it wise to message them that I was in no fit state. Looking back now, at that message, it was just gibberish.

On the Sunday, back firing on all four, I did two sets in the Wally / Nik Turner tent. Hand percussion for Sonic Arcana and a short sharp set with ranting poet Leon The Pig Farmer.
moggieboy
moggieboy
29 posts

Aug 19, 2023, 11:22
Apols, only just saw these messages. We had a complete fucking blast! Loved every minute of it - best time I've had at a festival in 32 years of going to them.

We must have definitely seen you with Andy Bole and Shom, and heard you with Leon from outside.

Managed to dodge the covid thank fuck, as we were camping down that way for a few days then headed up to Rebellion in Blackpool the following weekend.

Got Friday (pay day) in the calendar for early birds for next year - see you there!
Unsung Forum Index