Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Where do you go to discover new musics these days?

16 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: Where do you go to discover new musics these days?
Oct 17, 2018, 19:11
I can echo some of the suggestions so far. I check out Pitchfork daily as they get to review 20+ albums a week. I also use metacritic to see if any acclaimed albums are worth listening to or have passed me by and it is quite a good listing for some of the albums that are released each week.

Here of course, particularly soundtrack to our lives. I know the posts are dwindling these days, but it is still a good way to keep tabs on what has been released or needs checking out.

Youtube. I have a gig fanatic friend and tend to youtube his suggestions of gigs straight off to see if they are worth seeing.

Basically any suggestion of an album or artist that interests me I feed into my Spotify albums list and if they are any good I will endeavour to seek them out on CD. It acts as my memory so I don't have to write things down and I listen to several albums a week that way. I do tend to check out RYM for a 101 into what an artist's essential output is too.

One thing that gives you a perfect excuse to do your own research is to go to a festival and decide what you want to see from the lineup. Hey presto plenty of artists to check out and assess.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index