Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Where do you go to discover new musics these days?

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2448 posts

Edited Oct 17, 2018, 19:40
Re: Where do you go to discover new musics these days?
Oct 17, 2018, 19:39
Squid Tempest wrote:
I definitely agree with you about the Soundtracks thread here - a rich vein of music to dig into, despite the dwindling numbers. I can only apologise for being one of the dwindlers - I've been so busy with my own recordings lately I've had very little spare time.

I'll put your apology down in writing for the arbitration panel. Sounds like you're in a very good mindset these days? When do we get a CD release of your latest for us squares that don't dig vinyl?!!!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Oct 18, 2018, 21:18
jb lamptoast-morsley wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
I definitely agree with you about the Soundtracks thread here - a rich vein of music to dig into, despite the dwindling numbers. I can only apologise for being one of the dwindlers - I've been so busy with my own recordings lately I've had very little spare time.

I'll put your apology down in writing for the arbitration panel. Sounds like you're in a very good mindset these days? When do we get a CD release of your latest for us squares that don't dig vinyl?!!!

A few people have been asking...when/if the vinyl sells out I'll look in to digital versions, but it wouldn't be fair on the record company to do so before that. Sorry!

P.S. Put in a good word for me with the arbitration panel...
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Oct 22, 2018, 16:58
Many thanks for all the helpful suggestions!

I guess that, because of how old a lot of what I listen to is, you tube just tends to recommend me more things I already know. Maybe I'm just not following the links for long enough?

Ha! Radio Wales ... my mum always had that on of a morning when I was a youngster. Mike Flynn, The Saturday Morning Sou'Wester etc.

I reckon that browsing some online radio might be the way for me to go. I recall grabbing a bunch of KEXP sessions back in the day so that looks like a good place to start. I'll let you know if I find any other stations that might be of general interest.

Thanks again!
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Edited Oct 26, 2018, 14:55
Oct 26, 2018, 13:45
My car has DAB radio, so it's permanently fixed to 6Music. That's been a constant source of fresh sounds for the last couple of years.

Then there's reading through this Unsung forum. I study every entry in the weekly Soundtracks Of Our Lives threads - then, once intrigued by something I hadn't seen coming will go hunt it down on Youtube or Bandcamp.

I also relish new discoveries at festivals. This year alone I've stumbled on several: The Hare & The Hoofe, AK/DK, Matters, Halo Maude... and a few others.

Edit: And Major Parkinson.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Nov 03, 2018, 15:25
In a nutshell - the Quietus, BBC6 Music and Bandcamp.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2448 posts

Nov 03, 2018, 19:00
Ah yes, the quietus. I've read a few reviews and features from there - usually linked from here. Think I'll bookmark them and make them a regular port of call. They also have quite an involvement in the seachange festival which I have just booked up for my 3rd year running - moved to May and extended to 3 days.
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index