Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Arbor
Arbor
35 posts

Edited Sep 14, 2018, 17:54
Doggen Interview Thread?
Sep 14, 2018, 17:54
Am I going mad or was there a thread here earlier today with a link to a Doggen interview from 2015?

It seems to have vanished.

Here it is again if anyone's interested:

https://www.leftlion.co.uk/read/2015/july/doggen-7555/
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: Doggen Interview Thread?
Sep 14, 2018, 19:20
There was indeed, seems to have vanished. Was an interesting interview. Nice bloke too, I put Dogntank on here back in 2007.
Mantid
100 posts

Sep 14, 2018, 23:21
Captain Starlet wrote:
There was indeed, seems to have vanished. Was an interesting interview. Nice bloke too, I put Dogntank on here back in 2007.

Yep, I posted it yesterday. Sorry if potentially unflattering stuff is verboten here, but I thought we could all agree that forward-thinking-motherfuckers are cool and worth listening to even if sometimes difficult to work with.

fwiw, I remain as much a fan of JC's music, words, and approach as I was before.
phallus dei
583 posts

Sep 15, 2018, 13:09
Yes, it was a very good interview, with an interesting perspective on Cope's Black Sheep-phase (one of my favorite periods of Cope's music, BTW). I think those who read it would have realized it was "Doggen's side of the story." No doubt other members around Cope at that time would have had a different perspective.

One of the cool things about HH is the plurality of views. Let's not follow the path of Facebook, Youtube, and all the other greedheads by silencing those we disagree with!
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Edited Sep 15, 2018, 20:14
Sep 15, 2018, 20:13
Mantid wrote:
Captain Starlet wrote:

Yep, I posted it yesterday. Sorry if potentially unflattering stuff is verboten here, but I thought we could all agree that forward-thinking-motherfuckers are cool and worth listening to even if sometimes difficult to work with.

fwiw, I remain as much a fan of JC's music, words, and approach as I was before.

Agree with that. Whilst some of the comments about Julian might sound disturbing to those unfamiliar with his career, well, I've been a fan for the best part of 30 years (and people here much longer). None of it particularly shocked or surprised me - after all, we've all read his autobiography.
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Sep 19, 2018, 11:02
Sadly, I missed the interview while it was up. Is there an external link to it, anywhere?

And also sad. Sadder even, is that it was censored. We like, appreciate and celebrate Julian Cope cos he's a warts'n'll self effacing real person. Usually.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Sep 19, 2018, 11:37
still there from Arbor's post above, stoopid!
keith a
9573 posts

Sep 19, 2018, 22:20
It is now, but it wasn't last time I looked
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Sep 19, 2018, 23:34
Thanks. So what was the last Cope album w/Doggen?
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Sep 20, 2018, 00:04
When he mentions Spiritualized's keyboard player is it safe to presume Thighpaulsandra or no?
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index