I have them all except the Dope k7.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Re: NEWDOPENOW!
Sep 12, 2018, 21:28
Cor!!

It's bloomin' lavverley!

And that's just the packaging - not played it yet.
thesussexidler
64 posts

Sep 13, 2018, 08:30
I had a chance to give it a spin last night and - for me - it's the best of the Dope thang along with Village Idiot. A more organic sound, maybe? I've only played it once though! Check out the paper insert too. Crazy name, crazy story!!!
common era
865 posts

Sep 14, 2018, 13:08
A nice looking thing indeed. Dropped through my letterbox this morning, haven't had a chance to listen yet either but looking forward to it. Didn't realise it was in a metal box with a bonus sew on patch! Love the story on the reverse of the inlay card too. Fancy marrying your own mother and not realising it, well I never...
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Sep 14, 2018, 17:53
I'm a bit intrigued! What are you talking about? Which Dope record are you talking about, my friend?
Renoir
31 posts

Sep 14, 2018, 19:18
Hi Carlos...maybe you've missed this starting topic...anyway: https://www.musicglue.com/environmental-studies/
ottospooky
62 posts

Sep 15, 2018, 18:59
I’d say this one is very different from all the other Dope releases. Don’t let the punk sleeve mislead you. These really are dark age dirges. Screeching and imposing. It’s pretty wonderful but very strange to think these tracks have been brought to us under the Dope moniker. Tracks vary from quarter of an hour to a few seconds. There is a little vocal chanting but it’s medieval industrial IMO.
And yes, it’s a beautiful package all in all. Just watch getting that CD out of the plastic clamp that holds it in place.
Boxnudger
Boxnudger
246 posts

Sep 16, 2018, 09:08
So he had the same name as their dad, but neither of them thought to question this earlier?
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Sep 16, 2018, 17:20
Boxnudger wrote:
So he had the same name as their dad, but neither of them thought to question this earlier?

I suspect the story is a little muddled at that point. I think Alice might have spotted that a bit quicker than a couple of moles.

It really does do what it says on the tin in this instance - seven disquieting dirges indeed. Damned good ones tho, well worth upsetting yourself with.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index