Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Particles, Past And Present, Psychic Circle?

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Outrageous Methods
5 posts

Particles, Past And Present, Psychic Circle?
Aug 03, 2018, 16:11
All these grey area labels have been supplying us with great compilations of psych garage and stuff but does anybody know anything about them.

Its all seems very shady and info online is certainly skimpy so does anybody have any info on them as my unhealthy obsession with them is growing larger and larger.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: Particles, Past And Present, Psychic Circle?
Aug 03, 2018, 17:45
heres some info, it's from 2006, but still pretty much applies, looks as if James Plummer & Steven Carr [Radioactive/Particles/Sunbeam/Sundazed etc etc] are still pumping them out,just change the label name every couple of years, I know I've got a fair few :-\ difficult to tell if something is a legit or not
Just put the above names into google to see what they've been up to

Past & Present & Psychic Circle seem legit
Outrageous Methods
5 posts

Aug 03, 2018, 23:18
thanks for the info,
don't think sundazed have anything to do with this lot as they are more legit than legit itself!
Do you know what his intentions are?
machineryelf
3681 posts

Edited Aug 05, 2018, 07:02
Aug 05, 2018, 06:58
Outrageous Methods wrote:
thanks for the info,
don't think sundazed have anything to do with this lot as they are more legit than legit itself!
Do you know what his intentions are?

You're right, apologies to Sundazed,also Sunbeam although linked to Steven Carr seem to be kosher, at least as far as I can find, I see that Phoenix are banging out bootleg ltd edition Flower Travellin' Band LPs so there's a market out there for them
Outrageous Methods
5 posts

Aug 05, 2018, 10:09
I think there’s also another label called bamboo who are somehow related to all of this. They do bootleg reissues of 60s & 70s Japanese psych, garage and folk. They did all the les rallizes denudes reissues. Know these guys???
garerama
garerama
1111 posts

Aug 05, 2018, 21:54
I have some very fine Past & Present comp cds. They seem very well researched with info on the bands/ singles contained within - particularly the "Picadilly Sunshine" series. Whether they have gotten hold of the original artists and copyright holders is another matter which reading the info on the Amorphous Androgynous "Psychedelic Bubbles Exploding In Your Mind" series can be very labour intensive indeed.

Do not expect recordings from original master tapes though ... mostly vinyl rips.
Unsung Forum Index