New Dope mp3 - wherefore art thou?

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

New Dope mp3 - wherefore art thou?
Apr 16, 2018, 10:05
The new Dope mp3 download appears to have disappeared from the Merchandiser.
Did anyone have any issues downloading or accessing it (ie, it's being fixed)?
Other than that I wouldn't have thought mp3's were of a limited nature, or perhaps it was only ever supposed to be available for a limited time (it was still there yesterday).
Harumph!
tk421
121 posts

Re: New Dope mp3 - wherefore art thou?
Apr 16, 2018, 10:29
I got it on MP3 from this site.
It took a little bit of detective work to find the link to get the download but apart from that, no problem
Monganaut
Monganaut
2373 posts

Edited Apr 16, 2018, 14:16
Apr 16, 2018, 14:14
Sadly this will be no help at all with your plight, Web search comes up with......Out of Stock....guess it might be some 131-esque joke, much like the voucher with Guerilla Grow. Maybe he wanted the first limited edition download or something (or maybe there is some copyright infringement going on, y'know, someone has got in touch saying the tune sounded like whomever/whatever?????)

https://www.headheritage.co.uk/merchandiser/item/OOA2/

Even has a Discogs page already.

https://www.discogs.com/Dope-The-Intergalactic-Re-Gilding-Of-Detroit/release/11848243
penttik
penttik
12 posts

Apr 16, 2018, 14:20
LOL. I’m convinced JC enjoys creating rarities.

I managed to buy & download the mp3. I now track updates to merchandiser so I don’t miss new releases.

I was on a bus when I saw the Braindonor Thekla CD on HH. I got home and forgot about it until the next day and then it was gone.
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Edited Apr 16, 2018, 15:24
Apr 16, 2018, 15:23
Andfurthermoreagain wrote:
The new Dope mp3 download appears to have disappeared from the Merchandiser.
Did anyone have any issues downloading or accessing it (ie, it's being fixed)?
Other than that I wouldn't have thought mp3's were of a limited nature, or perhaps it was only ever supposed to be available for a limited time (it was still there yesterday).
Harumph!

There is often an element of blink and you'll miss it on HH.
Or rather, sometimes, there's a tendency to take for granted you can get stuff at a later date based on previous experience. Eg, Rite At Ya is still there but Guerrilla Grow went in under a month. Obviously the quantity available changes between releases, but I've fallen foul of the inconsistency a few times (eg, picked up Rite At Ya on day of release, left it for a couple of weeks with Guerrilla Grow assuming it would be available for a while based on Rite At Ya, Drunken Songs etc and lost out ha ha)

Edit - this response was supposed to be to penttik's reply
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Apr 16, 2018, 15:26
It's helpful in that at least I know I'm not going mad - ie. it was there but now it's unavailable, ha ha. I think the Dope stuff is probably gonna be quite limited and short lived in terms of availability.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Apr 16, 2018, 17:22
Gone already? What was the point in putting it up? Hopefully it's just down for 'repair' or something. Does seem a bit pointless uploading a download link only to delete it in a week. Not like it's going to run out.
ottospooky
62 posts

Apr 16, 2018, 21:45
God damn it. The plan was to pick up the new Skellington release immediately lest it disappear save only for the secondary market where I was gonna have to spend four times its retail price, and then grab the mp3 at point anon.

If it is truly sold out one of the lucky/punctual be willing to share somehow?

I’d be willing to stick a £3 donation in the Copley Paypal account just to prove I’m not ripping off the artist
MARTASE
MARTASE
602 posts

Apr 21, 2018, 20:48
Ditto
Renoir
31 posts

Apr 28, 2018, 14:42
Hi everybody.
Like others over, I bought 'Skellington 3', postponing this mp3 DWL.
I thought to buy it later. Then it disappeared from merchandiser!
I've waited some days for it to be available again but nothing has happened!
No explanations from head guide...I think a comment from the owner/manager of the site would have been nice! But nothing...
Now...anyone out there can help for a listen?
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index