11 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
garerama
garerama
1110 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 17 March 2018
Mar 20, 2018, 22:06
Fatalist wrote:

VA – Revolution Blues. Mojo comp. Usual mixed bag, but having never really delved into her oeuvre, I was pretty psyched by this Yoko Ono track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kVMp7M0rdE

Listen With Father:

Siouxsie & The Banshees – Once Upon A Time. Now a reliable stand-by. I often think, how come these songs still sound so brilliant, when nearly all of the bands who took the same components sounded so mehhh in comparison?

My thoughts exactly on Revolution Blues. How could hI ave missed out Yoko Ono in my Beatlemania days. Guess was put off a bit by Sometime In New Your City and Double Fantasy but discovered the Yoko Plastic Ono Band album when it was recently re-released and wow it blue me away. Her wailings combined with Ringo's prototype motorik drumming and the similarities to Metal Box at the end of the same decade. Really need to invest in her follow up albums sometime if this is anything to go by. Love it!

Yes my 10 year old daughter loves Siouxsie - her mother plays her You Tube selections and she asked me last week if I knew "Happy House" - father's pride. Just started collecting records again and keep a couple of Siouxsie singles for her when she comes round .... Juju can wait though ...

Unsung Forum Index