Register
Unsung Forum »
Coventry or Southampton?

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Coventry or Southampton?
Mar 15, 2018, 01:48
Which is more fun? Considering a trip to see the Stones, unfamiliar with England outside of London (aside from a bus trip to Bath & Stonehenge). Leaning towards Southampton.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: Coventry or Southampton?
Mar 15, 2018, 08:06
Southampton, it's closer to the city centre, about a mile or so, rather than the coventry one which is 5 miles or so.
Other than that not a lot in it, nice coast near Southampton, Coventry is handy for Stratford or Birmingham , both have good local beers and generally nice people. They both have city centres that look identical to every other city centre in the UK, I'd go for the one it's easier to get to in the first place.
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Mar 15, 2018, 09:29
Thanks for the info -- just got tix to both shows!!
machineryelf
3681 posts

Mar 18, 2018, 11:42
nice one, problem sorted
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Mar 18, 2018, 23:23
Should I stay there, or London and commute?
machineryelf
3681 posts

Mar 19, 2018, 07:12
Stay in Coventry , it's a really nice place, Cathedral is worth a visit and some nice pubs.
Southampton is right on the main London line so probably hard to justify, I used to live just outside Southampton so I'm probably prejudiced but it's a lovely place, turn up early if nothing else, depends on the train times I suppose. Do let me know which gig is the better of the two, I'm rooting for Southampton
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Apr 01, 2018, 18:21
I'm a Brummie by birth, but most of my adult life has been spent in Coventry.

Coventry's a shit hole. Choose Southampton.
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Apr 07, 2018, 00:46
I live in Birmingham, Alabama, and we have a local band called The Brummies! Cool to see the term used by a native.
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

The Specials!
Apr 07, 2018, 00:47
Opening for the Stones in Coventry.
Unsung Forum Index