15 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Mar 18, 2017, 05:53
Re: Buckingham Nicks
Mar 18, 2017, 05:47
It's a very good record for the time but it doesn't have anything that screams "radio hit". It's by no means blindingly obvious that they were capable of contributing so much to what came next. And what happens if Fleetwood hadn't falled out with Weston or Kirwan had been easier to work with? No Rumours that's for sure. Not sure if Fleetwood is a genius or the luckiest man in show business. A fair bit of both.

I've actually been listening to Stevie Nicks' last couple of releases a fair amount of late (both brilliant). Those alongside the Kirwan / Weston / Welch era Mac albums. Other than Kiln House with its r&r pastiches, that early 70s sequence of records is only really let down by poor production and the "it's my turn now" / too-many-cooks approach to song selection. They are fantastically inconsistent but even so there is a really good 1 x cd compilation to be made up from those six albums. More even. Amazing that two of those albums are as good as unavailable.

On a related topic have you heard the demos version of the Tusk album? Just brilliant. Remind me to get that to you.

Unsung Forum Index