Unsung Forum »
Rome Wasn't Burned In A Day

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mantid
100 posts

Rome Wasn't Burned In A Day
Mar 06, 2017, 18:05
Just wanted to remind everyone that this is a stellar release. "The Way Luv Is" in particular seems to get better with every listen.
bauheed
bauheed
895 posts

Re: Rome Wasn't Burned In A Day
Mar 06, 2017, 18:58
Agreed. I think it's great, particularly The Shrine of the Black Youth
The Hidden Corner
The Hidden Corner
149 posts

Mar 06, 2017, 22:19
And let's not forget the final track, 'Eccentrifugal Force', a funked-up relation to 'Safe Surfer' in terms of its guitar wig-out and repetitive lyric.
goosebal
goosebal
256 posts

Mar 07, 2017, 09:03
The Hidden Corner wrote:
And let's not forget the final track, 'Eccentrifugal Force', a funked-up relation to 'Safe Surfer' in terms of its guitar wig-out and repetitive lyric.

Best Cope song to listen to on fungi
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Mar 07, 2017, 14:22
It is a very splendid thing indeed.
Jeez
98 posts

Mar 07, 2017, 18:50
It's one of my favourite JC albums, but seems to be largely unrecognised even by Julian's standards. Under the radar.
Best track = Michelle of My Former Self/Far Out. Always loved that - it's just so beautifully melodic and yet totally unhinged.
Also great artwork.

Doggen's first appearance?
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Mar 07, 2017, 20:54
Jeez wrote:

Doggen's first appearance?

The earliest Doggen contribution I'm aware of is Necropolis on Jehovakill
Jeez
98 posts

Mar 08, 2017, 13:51
Ha - nowhere near! - he was also on Interpreter, Audience With the Cope - Glam Dicenn!- and Brain Donor & LAMF (shows how much I know). I should have known the chronology.
I used to love watching Doggen play guitar. I remember staring up at him for whole songs at a time (I think it was a Citizen Cain'd or Dark Orgasm gig) but I wasn't at the Rome Wasn't Burned event - anyone got any good memories of it?
The Hidden Corner
The Hidden Corner
149 posts

Mar 09, 2017, 00:03
I was there for the final night. Remember that Julian spent most of the evening of his show in the audience and his voice was shot from the previous two nights of singing - but still very entertaining. Sunn O))) were too loud for my fragile hearing and had to leave their set after about two minutes. A few years later I saw Acid Mothers Temple and didn't heed the ear pain issue, thereby leaving myself with tinnitus that I hear ringing in my right ear to this day. Oh well, you live and you learn.
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Mar 10, 2017, 10:34
yep i charged myself up with it this week too, love love love it.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index