Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 25 February 2017 CE

27 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 25 February 2017 CE
Feb 26, 2017, 15:42
An interesting week. Just a few things first.. 1) It is increasingly possible I'm going to be on telly or a telly peep in some shape or form. I have not sought it in any way, and fek with anyone not. Not gone bonkers. Straight up. Nice names alongside being mentioned. Big names to meet soon, i f... Am cool with it, and remain cool with continuing to sweep leaves if not. Have other strings for my bow. If it doesn't look like it's going to be a combination of lo fi tatty jumpered good fun and heartfelt revelatory brainfood I'm not playing. 2) Last Saturday I fell for an exceptional woman who is not my wife as a result of an 'other string'. My wife told myself and our children I was no longer required on Christmas Day. 3) My father in law died on Monday. He helped win the war and was a good man. 4) A friend of mine up the road died on Wednesday. He committed slow suicide by not going to the doctor and there was no telling him. I understood, having having come close but chickened out a while back. Pulled the cord at 400'. The name's Dodged One. He went to the deck with his eyes open. See you on the other side in a bit Allan. Thanks for the coffees, mate..... The aforementioned as context, this is my SOOL for this week... 1) The Byrds - Transmission Impossible ... The third CD is the closest I've ever come to hearing a religious experience on record. McGuinn, Clark, Hillman. Crosby for that night only. Essence of Byrds.... 2) Roger McGuinn - Original Album Classics ... his first five solo albums .... 3) Neil Young - Live At Massey Hall 1971 ... Essence of Neil .... 4) Neil Young And Crazy Horse - Zuma .... 5) David Bowie - Hours .... 6) Sandy Denny - I've Always Kept A Unicorn .... 7) V/A - And Someone Left The Cake Out In The Rain ... The songs of Jimmy Webb .... 8) Norah Jones - Day Breaks ... This is a great record .... 9) Tinariwen - The Radio Tisdas Sessions .... 10) Plant and Page - No Quarter: Jimmy Page and Robert Plant Unledded ... Unsung? Discuss .... 11) Chet Baker - Sings .... 12) Mad River - S/T/ Paradise Bar And Grill ... From the folks that bought you QMS .... 13) Albert King - Albert .... 14) Albert King - Born Under A Bad Sign .... 15) Albert King - I'll Play The Blues For You ... Part of my motherlode. I play guitar upside down like him. Have never played better than now. Am being taped .... 16) Santana and McLaughlin - Invitation to Illumination ... As good in own way as 1) above .... 17) Ry Cooder - Down At The Field: The 1974 Broadcasts ... His naked and very sweet tribute to Sleepy John Estes and pals .... 18) REM - Live At The Olympia ... Cuyahoga .... 19) Bob Dylan ... Planet Waves .... More nudity. Skip tracks 1 and 7 and you're listening to The Great Lost Dylan Album. Unsung #2 .... 20) Johnny Cash - American IV: The Man Comes Around ... Hurt .... 21) Neil Young - Greatest Hits .... 22) Rolling Stones - Jump Back: The Best of '71-'75 .... 23) Led Zeppelin - BBC Sessions .... 24) V/A - Like A Hurricane: A Tribute to Neil Young: Uncut sampler .... 25) Loic Blejean and Tad Sargent - s/t ... Yup, Folk AOTY 2017 .... 26) Jake Thackray - The Very Best Of ... The Ballad Of Billy Kershaw (Etc..) .... 27) Van Morrison - It's Too Late To Stop Now Vols 2-4 ... Purple Heather/Sweet Thing/Listen To The Lion. But it's all as essential as 1) really .... 28) V/A - Wilko Johnson Presents: The First Time I Met The Blues - Essential Chess Masters ... Compiled by the man down to track order. Another reason why the lovely guy is a total DUDE .... 29) Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde ... Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands first spin in thirty years .... 30) Georges Zamfir - Rhapsodie du Printemps/ Concerto No 1 .... 31) Richard Strauss - Four Last Songs ... Schwartzkopf/Szell ........and on Youtube: 1) Norah Jones and Neil Young - Don't Be Denied (live) .... 2) Roger McGuinn and Gene Clark - Live @ CBC Toronto ... No Other(s) ... I think that will do.... Have a good week, anyone who's made it this far ... x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index