9 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sweetfeed
sweetfeed
105 posts

Re: Rite At Ya
Mar 04, 2017, 16:57
Well...

Rite At Ya (the track) would have been good if the drummer had been tighter. Jaki Liebezeit he is not (sorry). The groove doesn't really groove which is a shame.

Village of the Unshod Priesthood is better, sounding more like Queen Elizabeth than Rite. It's a lovely, digital-sounding (I can picture the '90s iMacs), Thighpaulsandra-esque thing. I'm surprised it's from 1993. I would have happily listened to this for 30 minutes.

Boskawen-un (I'm not sure how connected this is to the Jehovahcoat Demos track of the same name) has live drums too but they work better in their Moe Tucker/Kraut monotony. S'okay.

Ringed Hills of Ver is (as mentioned) a later version from the one on Rite 2. It might include elements from the original, hard to say. This is good though. Like a quiet, slightly folky remix.

It's an odd release, especially considering Rite Bastard was billed as the final Rite album, but I'm glad Copey is putting stuff like this out again. Still, I'll listen to Drunken Songs a lot more than this.

Unsung Forum Index