1703 posts

Rite At Ya
Jan 24, 2017, 19:27
From the HH email today:

RITE AT YA
AVAILABLE FROM HEAD HERITAGE
28th FEBRUARY 2017

(No. 5 in the "Rite" series)

Someone here bought a Lord Yatesbury CD-R with the same name, but I think it was just a comp of existing Rite songs. Could it be this or another new release, or possibly Dope in a new form?
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: Rite At Ya
Feb 28, 2017, 18:44
Citizensmurf wrote:
From the HH email today:

RITE AT YA
AVAILABLE FROM HEAD HERITAGE
28th FEBRUARY 2017

(No. 5 in the "Rite" series)

Someone here bought a Lord Yatesbury CD-R with the same name, but I think it was just a comp of existing Rite songs. Could it be this or another new release, or possibly Dope in a new form?

Now in the merchandiser.
Mantid
100 posts

Feb 28, 2017, 19:11
I bought it, of course, but if anyone at HH is reading, please hear the demand for vinyl/downloads! CDs are just cumbersome bits of plastic that have me dig up my portable drive, rip the thing, and then never interact with the disc again. I love the Rite series, and won't miss this one, but it would vastly prefer a beautiful slab of vinyl for ritual listening, and a close 2nd would be downloadable files which would skip across the oceans instantly and without manufacturing hassle.

Looking forward to it at any rate!
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Feb 28, 2017, 19:35
Bought it! Love the Rite series!
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Feb 28, 2017, 19:37
Mantid wrote:
I bought it, of course, but if anyone at HH is reading, please hear the demand for vinyl/downloads! CDs are just cumbersome bits of plastic that have me dig up my portable drive, rip the thing, and then never interact with the disc again. I love the Rite series, and won't miss this one, but it would vastly prefer a beautiful slab of vinyl for ritual listening, and a close 2nd would be downloadable files which would skip across the oceans instantly and without manufacturing hassle.

Looking forward to it at any rate!

Yes, vinyl would be cool, and I'm still hoping for Dope to make an appearance this year, though I'm not sure if this Rite series would lend itself to vinyl, unless it had a locked groove-o-funk at the end of each side to maintain the groove endlessly.
keith a
9573 posts

Feb 28, 2017, 20:55
Citizensmurf wrote:
I'm not sure if this Rite series would lend itself to vinyl

Same here!

There are some good moments on RAY

can I be the first to call it Ray? ;)
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Feb 28, 2017, 21:41
Yes you can! ;-)
sweetfeed
sweetfeed
105 posts

Mar 04, 2017, 16:57
Well...

Rite At Ya (the track) would have been good if the drummer had been tighter. Jaki Liebezeit he is not (sorry). The groove doesn't really groove which is a shame.

Village of the Unshod Priesthood is better, sounding more like Queen Elizabeth than Rite. It's a lovely, digital-sounding (I can picture the '90s iMacs), Thighpaulsandra-esque thing. I'm surprised it's from 1993. I would have happily listened to this for 30 minutes.

Boskawen-un (I'm not sure how connected this is to the Jehovahcoat Demos track of the same name) has live drums too but they work better in their Moe Tucker/Kraut monotony. S'okay.

Ringed Hills of Ver is (as mentioned) a later version from the one on Rite 2. It might include elements from the original, hard to say. This is good though. Like a quiet, slightly folky remix.

It's an odd release, especially considering Rite Bastard was billed as the final Rite album, but I'm glad Copey is putting stuff like this out again. Still, I'll listen to Drunken Songs a lot more than this.
Mantid
100 posts

Mar 10, 2017, 21:45
This arrived yesterday. I had to rummage around for a while to find the CD drive so I could rip it, but it was worth it. Didn't care for the first two tracks initially though the latter 2 were immediately cracking. After 4-5 listens, I now thoroughly love the whole thing.

Rock on, drude!
Unsung Forum Index