Unsung Forum »
Classic Cellists at the BBC

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Classic Cellists at the BBC
Dec 08, 2016, 22:46
Tomorrow night (Fri) BBC4 20-00...to hell with genres, brilliant playing is brilliant playing. There'll be plenty here, if the companion programme from earlier this year 'Virtuoso Violinists...' is anything to go by.
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2611 posts

Re: Classic Cellists at the BBC
Dec 09, 2016, 09:39
Yeah, looking forward to it. Hope they've got some footage of Casals.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Dec 09, 2016, 10:52
There's bound to be, they've got loads..I remember seeing quite a few performances from the 'post-wipe' era. Am looking forward muchly... re. wiping, I've read in some music mag last week that Johnny Trunk has pieced together the soundtrack of the original Bedazzled film and made a fine job of it... Dudley Moore deserves far more recogition. May float your boat.
wychburyman
951 posts

Dec 09, 2016, 11:50
spencer wrote:
Tomorrow night (Fri) BBC4 20-00...to hell with genres, brilliant playing is brilliant playing. There'll be plenty here, if the companion programme from earlier this year 'Virtuoso Violinists...' is anything to go by.

The cello is one of my favourite instruments to listen to. I'll give it a whirl!
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Dec 09, 2016, 13:53
Does this have a weblink streamer/player thing that works overseas?
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Dec 12, 2016, 12:41
Probably not, immediately. It may turn up on Youtube or some such eventually, I'd hope. It was a very good programme, after all.
Unsung Forum Index