Unsung Forum »
Late Junction

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Late Junction
Oct 06, 2015, 20:19
Anyone else listening to this on R3 weeknights at 23-00? I'd forgotten its existence till last week when twiddling my radio's dial under the stars while camping and suddenly heard Alice Coltrane floating from the speaker...and the following night yielded such delights as Egg followed by Robert Wyatt. Lovely stuff, carefully sequenced. Helped make my holiday. Am now a fan.. gawd bless and protect Auntie Beeb. I expect its on iPlayer too.
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Edited Oct 06, 2015, 21:36
Re: Late Junction
Oct 06, 2015, 21:35
Good show, I've listened in the past.
As for the Beeb news wise - the most important and influentual part of the organisation - they're just the mouthpiece of the establishment. Nothing must be allowed to challenge the prevailing doctrine of how the country is governed. Can't trust a word they say (except maybe the footie results on Saturday evening?).

I'd scrap the license fee tomorrow without hesitation and let them all twist in the wind. If they're gonna behave like Sky / Fox News, let them compete on their level.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Oct 07, 2015, 00:51
Agreed re the news side.. I've ranted over on t'Pump about that bunch a time or two - it's like there's one bunch of folk making bloody good programmes having to share a building(?) with a load of odious mouthpieces and shoeins. Would love to lance that boil. Begone partiality. Yes, I should have been more specific about the blessings.I enjoyed tonights programme too, another fine audiio winddown.
caldervalium
caldervalium
516 posts

Oct 07, 2015, 10:39
I still miss Radio 3's 'Mixing It'. Introduced me to the work of Pram, among others - they also had a killer Boredoms session.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Oct 13, 2015, 23:09
Ha! Turned on tonight, first track: Prince Far I - No More War Dub. Now: Japanese folk music. I l i k e this programme
Unsung Forum Index