HH MUZOS

78 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
vince
vince
1628 posts

Re: HH MUZOS
Sep 13, 2015, 04:22
For the last year or so i've been working on a dozen tracks with a few different collaborators.
My engineering skills are perhaps not what they should be after years in studios which generally slows the whole process down, much to my frustration. However, over the last 4 or 5 months things have moved along with some pace, as i've started to cut myself some slack from work. All work and no play etc.

The biggest single obstacle I face with recording is that I almost always never know when to quit on a track. The consumate tinkerman. That's one of the many obstacles of being studiobound. Never had such issues when working with the band.
I also have no fecking idea whether this material is any good. I worry about whether to take the easy or hard on-the-ear route. Trying to get away from being so reliant upon melody. It's vocals next and with one or two guests excepted, it'll be mostly me. Gulp.

On a more positive note, discovered that I had a great guitarist right under my nose - my 19-year old - which has been a massive motivator.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index