Unsung Forum »
Thought I'd bung this out there.....

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
elegant chaos
elegant chaos
2390 posts

Thought I'd bung this out there.....
Aug 28, 2015, 10:34
Bunged this out on Facebook so trying here too. I've been sent the new album by Blindness entitled "Wrapped In Plastic". Wrapped In Plastic was Blindness' original name but another band from the Midlands had got there first, so they had to change it. I'm trying to see if there are any other official albums that have been named after bands' previous monickers. At the time of the fb posting the nearest I could think of was "Warsaw" by Joy Division, but that doesn't count as it's a bootleg (or at best, semi-official). One that kind of makes the cut which I've been advised of is "Formerly The Warlocks" by The Grateful Dead. Is there any more you lot out there can think of?
Kid Calamity
9047 posts

Re: Thought I'd bung this out there.....
Aug 28, 2015, 11:28
'The Eight Legged Groove Machine' was the first album - and an early name idea for The Wonder Stuff.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Edited Aug 28, 2015, 16:18
Aug 28, 2015, 15:06
this isn't really what you're after but it did remind me of the origins of Judas Priest. Named after the Bob Dylan song the first Judas Priest broke up after six months and a new but different band liked the name so much they took it as their own. Not getting anywhere the 2nd Judas Priest broke up 6 months later and carried on as something else .You'd think a lack of success with the JP moniker would put people off but no, the half the first Judas Priest met up with half of the second Judas Priest and decided 3rd time lucky and became Judas Priest again, and the rest they say is history.

Lemmy wanted to call Motorhead Bastard but changed his mind. 20 years later Motorhead released an album called Bastards which is almost the same
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Aug 28, 2015, 18:14
Napalm Death of hardcore legend were supposed to have very little to do with the band that started tapetrading under that name before them too weren't they? & certainly there has been major turnover of lineup to today.
But not sure about any references to previous band names there.
mr sulcus
mr sulcus
399 posts

Aug 29, 2015, 00:06
Death In Vegas were originally called Dead Elvis, until the Graceland objected, so used the name for their first album instead.
elegant chaos
elegant chaos
2390 posts

Aug 29, 2015, 00:51
I know Ian from the band - I'll have to have a word with him about that LOL
Unsung Forum Index