Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 4 July 2015 CE

19 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 4 July 2015 CE
Jul 06, 2015, 14:12
1) Richard Thompson - Still (deluxe ed.) .. a very strong album, the bonus disc's a must. Playing guitar for the hell of it, and repeats of little flourishes from way back, eg North Star Grassman. Those able to see the Electric Trio later this year are definitely in for a treat ......... 2) GNOD - Infinity Machines .. greatly impressed with this. Head expanding and ear ripping: my kind of thing ......... 3) Robert Wyatt - Different Every Time ... necessary comp ......... 4) Curtis Mayfield - Soul Legacy ... ditto. Having liked 'the usual bits 'n bobs' it's only recently that I've fully appreciated the true depths of his talent. This and/or a Rhino comp'd be a very good place for others to start ......... 5) BB King - Indianola Mississippi Seeds ... top. RIP ......... 6) Captain Beefheart - Troutmask Replica ......... 8) Panda Bear - Meet Grim Reaper ......... 9) Kronos Quartet - One Earth, One People, One Love: Kronos Plays Terry Riley ... not out till Fri, but from what I've heard of this box set on the radio: FAB. Next purchase. Hang the expense ......... 10) Steve Miller Band - Circle Of Love ... for the extended psych wigout that is Macho City (track's on youtube: hear if you haven't) ...... loads more, can't remember right now, may add, may not, round tuit blah..
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index