Unsung Forum »
Final Top Gear show

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Senior Gomez
Senior Gomez
54 posts

Final Top Gear show
Jun 29, 2015, 22:06
Just watched the last Top Gear episode. low and behold they played a brief snippet of 'Sleeping Gas' during a tedious section on classic car ownership.

It was the original ZOO 7" version too, not the later Kilimanjaro track.

It was the highlight for me.

Do I win £5?

Gomez.
mcshafty
mcshafty
86 posts

Re: Final Top Gear show
Jun 30, 2015, 01:36
I think you deserve the five pounds!

Thanks for the trivia. I'll have to watch the show when it airs down under.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 30, 2015, 10:36
Senior Gomez wrote:
Just watched the last Top Gear episode. low and behold they played a brief snippet of 'Sleeping Gas' during a tedious section on classic car ownership.

It was the original ZOO 7" version too, not the later Kilimanjaro track.

It was the highlight for me.

Do I win £5?

Gomez.

You are the jackpot winner for surviving them all :-)
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Edited Jul 01, 2015, 14:17
Jul 01, 2015, 14:16
Clarkson should be "taken out and shot. In front of his family", as he suggested for public sector strikers. A machine gun could take out the other two, and the rest of his "Chipping Norton Set". (Which includes scum like David Cameron and Rebekkah Brooks, handily enough.)
carol27
747 posts

Jul 01, 2015, 17:15
Well said that man, what a noxious cretin that man & his Tory voting sidekicks are, though I don't believe in capital punishment & find physical violence hard to stomach I hasten to add.
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Jul 03, 2015, 19:21
carol27 wrote:
Well said that man, what a noxious cretin that man & his Tory voting sidekicks are, though I don't believe in capital punishment & find physical violence hard to stomach I hasten to add.

Just using his level of 'humour' against him. Though, coincidentally, that is exactly what I think should happen to him and his cronies.
Senior Gomez
Senior Gomez
54 posts

Jul 04, 2015, 00:47
But they played the ZOO version of 'Sleeping Gas' during a classic car segment...

Doesn't that mean that someone on the production team was subliminally subverting them from within?

I may be over thinking this.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Edited Jul 04, 2015, 11:09
Jul 04, 2015, 11:00
I was told that some of the repeats of the show on other channels change the s/trk. This mainly applying to repeats on Dave in terms of the conversation at the time. BUt not sure if it wouldn't apply to International crossborder repeats. Apparently down to rights/royalties/whatever on the music.
So very apt music originally chosen to fit specific sequences winds up being replaced by something a lot more generic.

I don't watch the show myself so that is based on 2nd hand information. But do wonder to what extent it does change things.

Person saying that also said that the programme used the most up to date technology and techniques for shooting and editing and was the one show that people in the industry would be trying to get on as technicians. I wouldn't know, sounded interesting though. More than I find the programme anyway. But it's apparently something that people interested in such things get geeky about.
flatboxertwin
flatboxertwin
369 posts

Jul 04, 2015, 20:19
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about the old John Peel BBC radio show. Imagine my disappointment etc.

Try searching YouTube for Stewart Lee venting his comedic spleen re Clarkson et all.
Unsung Forum Index