Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
HI DEN
HI DEN
815 posts

Re: Chris Squire RIP.
Jul 01, 2015, 21:47
Thanks for sharing, man!!

I've also been pinpointing what appeals to me in 'Yes' to Chris Squire's bass playing, sound, etc. And your post appears to hit that pin in the head.

He got A LOT out of his bass (also the bass itself was, a lot, at times..) in a really specific way!

I'm just beginning to appreciate!!
carol27
747 posts

Jul 01, 2015, 22:10
My fellas dad used to live on the next street along from Jon Anderson & do the early morning milk round with him.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Jul 01, 2015, 23:34
Jul 01, 2015, 23:30
HI DEN wrote:
on! Never heard "Yesshows" before (gotta find that on vinyl!)!

The mix is a bit crap but the performances are stellar for the most part. Gates and Nous Sommes Du Soleil are monster versions. They sound at times like Mahavishnu playing Hawkwind tunes.

There is also a live comp that came out a few years back called The Word Is Live with a lot of great music from the 76-79 era that is well recorded.

The Heavenly Lightening boot from the 1978 Wembley run is well worth owning. I am sure it is out there somewhere waiting to be downloaded. It's from the October 18th show.
HI DEN
HI DEN
815 posts

Jul 02, 2015, 01:28
Thanks for the info!
Pionery
2 posts

Edited Jul 13, 2015, 10:48
Jul 06, 2015, 09:42
Honestly, I do not believe
Sending thoughts crossdress
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jul 09, 2015, 11:09
Been listening to quite a bit of Yes in the wake of this sad news. Worth mentioning, I guess, that along with the stellar bass playing, Chris Squire's backing vocals and harmonies are (or were) such a vital and wonderful part of the Yes sound. The blend of his and Jon Anderson's voice is pretty unique in music really and I'm glad Chris Squire got to sing a lead Yes vocal on the rather wonderful, especially in the context of latter day Yes, "Magnification" album.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Jul 09, 2015, 12:20
Moon Cat wrote:
Been listening to quite a bit of Yes in the wake of this sad news. Worth mentioning, I guess, that along with the stellar bass playing, Chris Squire's backing vocals and harmonies are (or were) such a vital and wonderful part of the Yes sound. The blend of his and Jon Anderson's voice is pretty unique in music really and I'm glad Chris Squire got to sing a lead Yes vocal on the rather wonderful, especially in the context of latter day Yes, "Magnification" album.

Agree totally - well said.
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index