Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What will you be catching from the glastonbury coverage this year?

33 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Jul 04, 2015, 12:54
Re: What will you be catching from the glastonbury coverage this year?
Jul 04, 2015, 12:30
Still a bit f'ed off someone literally took my bag out of the van after I thought it was safely packed and threw it away thinking it was rubbish. On top of that, I come back to a malfunctioning boat (and computer...this will take forever to write). Still, as to the fest itself, we were camped right near the West Holts stage, which is nothing but funky, foreign bliss, so I could think of worse things to wake up to. Not a dud note could be heard from that stage.

Acts I caught, in chronological order, not including walking by stages with my ears perked up:

Friday:

Cambodian Space Project. Swell way to kick things off with some South East Asian surfy psyche.

Caught Marcus Brigstocke's stand-up at the Cabaret tent.

Marcos Valle. Loved his smooth, bubbly-keyboard Tropicalia period so had to see him.

(Actually, I'll nix these blurbs. My screwy keyboard's making them impossible to write :( ).

Christy Moore

End of Motorhead's set, where a blitzkrieged Lemmy sang the same lyrics twice.

Super Furry Animals

Pussy Riot/talk

Shangri La dance til dawn

Saturday:

Jane Weaver (woke up to The Fallen By-Watch Bird drifting into my tent, and got dressed at the speed of light. I was there at the front before the song was over).

Giant Sand

Young Fathers

Sleaford Mods

The Pop Group (With my cousin on guitar, who I half suspect sort of hates his own band).

Vintage Trouble. (Literally never heard of these guys, but they made such an atmosphere nearby at the Holts I had to go see what all the hubbub was about. Best set I caught all festival. The singer bled positive soul revivalist energy and stage-dived twice, and somehow managed to sing in perfect pitch whilst crowd-surfing. Even his suit remained unruffled. Serious advanced stage presence lesson right there).

Slyless Family Stone & Funkadelic

Arcadia

Sunday

Flamingods

Ibibio Sound Machine

Patti Smith feat. The Dalai Lamas

Cumbia All Stars

Steel Pulse

The Zombies

Bittuv John Cooper Clark. Packed and still doing the same ol' jokes I once found in a google search, but good on 'im. He should get his collab on with the Sleafords.

Donovan. Hardly anyone there. In fact, hardly anyone I mentioned him to even knew who Donovan was. Never mind, more Donovan for me. It was like having my own personal troubadour.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index