Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What will you be catching from the glastonbury coverage this year?

Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

What will you be catching from the glastonbury coverage this year?
Jun 26, 2015, 13:00
Here's the lineup from the 6 stages (I think the green ones are covered) http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e84mxj/performances

I will be making bee lines for: Young Fathers, Chemical Brothers, Spiritualized, Gaz Coombes, Goat, The Fall, Rae Morris, SBTRKT, George Clinton's Mothership Returns.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Re: What will you be catching from the glastonbury coverage this year?
Jun 26, 2015, 13:49
jb lamptoast-morsley wrote:
Here's the lineup from the 6 stages (I think the green ones are covered) http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e84mxj/performances

I will be making bee lines for: Young Fathers, Chemical Brothers, Spiritualized, Gaz Coombes, Goat, The Fall, Rae Morris, SBTRKT, George Clinton's Mothership Returns.

Very little there to interest me I must admit. I didn't know Patti Smith was on though - that should be something special. And I bet the Super Furry Animals will be fun.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Jul 01, 2015, 18:47
Jun 26, 2015, 16:28
Flying Lotus, The Gaslamp Killer, Goat, The Pop Group, Caribou, George Clinton, Pussy Riot in conversation, Jane Weaver and Django Django.

There are a few others whom I'd check out for old times sake if I'm not busy doing something else when they're on (Hot Chip, Super Furry Animals, the Fall, the Chemical Brothers and Spiritualized spring to mind, even though none of them have released anything that's floated my boat much in a fair few years - and in some cases over a decade - now).

Will probably be setting the timer to record most of these anyway as I have a recording session of my own coming up tomorrow and Monday. Also, on Sunday I'm heading up to the Roundhouse to see GZA, Tortoise, Mugstar, Loop and Lightning Bolt at the Roundhouse so I reckon my appetite for both live and recorded music will be fairly well satiated this weekend.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Jun 26, 2015, 16:31
Popel Vooje wrote:
Will probably be setting the timer to record most of these anyway as I have a recording session of my own coming up tomorrow and Monday.

What are you up to with the recording Popel?
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Jun 26, 2015, 16:37
Squid Tempest wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:
Will probably be setting the timer to record most of these anyway as I have a recording session of my own coming up tomorrow and Monday.

What are you up to with the recording Popel?

I've been recording stuff with my friend Gary for a while now, with a view to putting some stuff online and hopefully gigging eventually - but it's been taking a long time as my hard drive's had to be replaced and our very different working hours have made it difficult to get together all that frequently to record stuff (hence lots of e-mail collaborations). We've both got this weekend off though, so hopefully we'll get quite a bit done.

I have booked an appointment at Wolf Studios (who've done stuff for Stereolab, MBV, Seefeel and various others) to get four tracks mastered on the 18th of August though, and they'll be going up on Soundcloud / Bandcamp etc. shortly afterwards. I'll post links on here and on Facebook once they're done.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Edited Jun 27, 2015, 19:13
George Clinton tonight 21.45
Jun 27, 2015, 19:12
George Clinton is on the West Holts Stage tonight 21.45. Would be nice if this was on BBC4 or something. A full two hours worth.

Listened to a Craig Charles documentary of GC earlier, and have been scouring back catalogues to see what i have missed - there's obviously quite a bit out there.
carol27
747 posts

Re: George Clinton tonight 21.45
Jun 27, 2015, 20:56
I'm with you, George Clinton. Very much enjoyed Florence. Enjoying Giant Sands & Soil & Pimp & the moment when Carl Barat & Pete Doherty had a cuddle.
carol27
747 posts

Re: George Clinton tonight 21.45
Jun 27, 2015, 20:58
Lemmy looks a bit buggered.
wychburyman
951 posts

Kanye West
Jun 28, 2015, 10:04
Did you see him on his cherry picker last night? I thought it was really thoughtful of him to get up and change a bulb on his rig half way through his set
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Re: Kanye West
Jun 28, 2015, 14:20
Momma, just killed a song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNkPn0JrTFQ
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index