Unsung Forum »
Late period King Crimson

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Fatalist
Fatalist
1123 posts

Late period King Crimson
May 06, 2015, 12:38
And by 'late', I mean anything past Discipline.

Along with a fair few folk here, I'm off to see KC live in September. I will of course be huffily expecting the hits ;-0 but see that they've been playing stuff beyond their 70s output.

So what of their Belew period stuff? What tracks are worth listening to/genning up on beforehand? Any of these tracks rival their classic work?
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Re: Late period King Crimson
May 06, 2015, 12:42
I was going to post a similar thread haha. I love KC but know little of the later period. Thrak/Discipline mainly.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited May 06, 2015, 16:59
May 06, 2015, 16:55
I think all the post 70s stuff is worth hearing.

The words of caution I would offer are ....

The ProjeKct releases might test the patience of all but the most committed.

A Scarcity of Miracles, the most recent Crimson related studio record (though not a Crimson album as such) sounds a little like a-Ha gone Prog or maybe Mansun gone Jazz. I really like it myself but there is more than a smidge of It Bites about it.

I would highly recommend Thrak, Cirkus and Absent Lovers.
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

May 06, 2015, 17:14
I really tried about a year ago to give them a go, just not my thing personally found it very hard listening.
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Edited May 06, 2015, 23:39
May 06, 2015, 22:14
Not at all helpful toward your enquiry but it's that Chapman Stick thing I can't navigate past. How can a band have such a muso wank abomination on board and expect to be listened to without the audience grinding their teeth to chalk dust?

Just watched the little bald guy putting it through its paces on YouTube (circa Discipline)... its not only envy that makes one think "Twat"... I feel violated.

Edit- Have you seen their Wiki entry? It features Graphs! You are going to be sitting with people some of whom are willing and able to employ graphs to explain the band they love. Grudging yet uncomprehending respect. I'll stick with my ignorance and Larks, Starless and Red.
Unsung Forum Index