Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: Optical Sounds Issue 8
Apr 21, 2015, 19:34
Kid Calamity wrote:
Listening now! Jeez, it's immense, dark and... bit more immense! 'The Hawk-Headed Lord Of Silence' (track 2) is now playing. Really loving it. Multi layered, rich and totally immersive!

Thanks Kid, really pleased you like it. I'm re-developing the sound a bit as I go, and it is always hard to know how it'll hit home for people. I worked hard on the dynamics of this one, trying to create a whole thing...which is actually only half, because there's a sister album to follow, the other side of the coin.
Davey_B
Davey_B
408 posts

Apr 23, 2015, 21:51
Does anyone know if there is anywhere you can get back issues of Optical Sounds?
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Apr 23, 2015, 21:56
Davey_B wrote:
Does anyone know if there is anywhere you can get back issues of Optical Sounds?

This would be the place, but I think they've all sold out now.

http://opticalsoundsfanzine.bigcartel.com/
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Apr 24, 2015, 12:57
Squid Tempest wrote:
Sorry to spam this, but I'd love to hear any feedback on the new Black Tempest CD...

I really like it, mate. I like the head-crushers' contrast with the lighter explorations. I'm not sure yet but it could be your best since the very first album.
naughtynige
naughtynige
778 posts

Apr 25, 2015, 22:01
My copy turned up the other day, really enjoyed the CD Squid. Particularly like the last 2 tracks - Doomtronic!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Apr 25, 2015, 22:41
naughtynige wrote:
My copy turned up the other day, really enjoyed the CD Squid. Particularly like the last 2 tracks - Doomtronic!

Doomtronics! Love it - my new genre.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Apr 25, 2015, 22:43
mingtp wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
Sorry to spam this, but I'd love to hear any feedback on the new Black Tempest CD...

I really like it, mate. I like the head-crushers' contrast with the lighter explorations. I'm not sure yet but it could be your best since the very first album.

Thanks! I'm very pleased with it. I know its kind of loose in places, but it came together in a very spontaneous fashion, and some of the layering added a bit of fairy dust.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Apr 27, 2015, 18:12
anyone else waiting for their copy of this to turn up? looking forward to hearing the CD and every afternoon the postbox is empty :-(
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Apr 27, 2015, 19:09
machineryelf wrote:
anyone else waiting for their copy of this to turn up? looking forward to hearing the CD and every afternoon the postbox is empty :-(

Have you emailed Brett? He's normally pretty snappy with these things.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Edited Apr 28, 2015, 07:04
Apr 27, 2015, 20:20
Squid Tempest wrote:
machineryelf wrote:

Have you emailed Brett? He's normally pretty snappy with these things.

that's what I thought, might drop him a mail, it was pretty early in the preorder so I might have been lost in the flood

edit - nice reply from Brett, seems that this mailout has been a bit of a nightmare but my copy is on it's way so at least one of us is happy
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index