Unsung Forum »
Specials 2cd reissues out now

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Specials 2cd reissues out now
Mar 31, 2015, 23:33
I saw that the local HMV has the new Specials reissues in earlier today.

Think I might grab at least the 1st 2 since they are pretty great lps and have some interesting bonus material on them. Think it's most of the official material from the time including BBC recordings Peel and live.

I also noticed something interesting about the covers, anybody else see that?

Stevo
keefus
keefus
239 posts

Re: Specials 2cd reissues out now
Apr 01, 2015, 11:52
Stevo wrote:
I also noticed something interesting about the covers, anybody else see that?

Jerry Dammers has been air-brushed out?!

Aah, got it!… slightly different shots from the same sessions
Very clever
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2615 posts

Apr 03, 2015, 10:36
A similar trick has been applied with the new remaster of Gong's 'Camembert Electrique', which was placed in the same 'New & Trending' (ugh!) section of my local HMV as The Specials' reissues, and which I bought yesterday. The group shot in the gatefold was clearly taken a second before or after the established one. I've only now realised that Pip Pyle is wearing stockings and sussies on it!

I bought 'In the Studio' as well at the same time. It sounds terrific: really crisp highs and deep lows - and that's before I hear the the bonus material. I'll probably get the first two as well, even though I already have the regular albums on CD.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Apr 03, 2015, 12:34
I was just thinking of starting a thread about the new versionof Camembert Electrique after reading your formative bands thing. Saw it in the local HMV when I saw the Specials. THink I had been thinking about wanting to get a remaster of it,but didn't think one existed so wanted to know how it had come out..

I want to get these Specials ones so was interested in what the sound was like. You've only heard the last one then?
sleeptowin
sleeptowin
114 posts

Apr 07, 2015, 09:00
bought the first and second albums this weekend, so far they are sounding really good. grew up with the first album (was only 2 when it came out)
going to be playing them through the day
Unsung Forum Index