Unsung Forum »
131 struggle

Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dee
1955 posts

131 struggle
Mar 29, 2015, 16:58
Was it just me or did anyone else find 131 kinda tedious and confusing .... so much so that I gave up around half way .... just found it plain boring and the wackiness didn't work ..... I wasn't in a good way when I tried to read as I had just had a nasty operation so I will probably re read when in a better mood and hopefully succeed and enjoy!!
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Re: 131 struggle
Mar 29, 2015, 17:10
Yup!, I've yet to finish it. Passed my copy on to a mate who was eager to read it, think he's struggling a little bit as well.

I guess he was aiming for that 'Fear and Loathing' vibe, but didn't manage to pull it off.

Mind you, reading the liner notes to Trip Advizor, seems he got himself into a bit of a state with the drug Salvia. Guess that may expain the lack of focus.

Still, some of the music to come about because of it makes the project a worth while escapade if nothing else.
dee
1955 posts

Mar 29, 2015, 17:14
I haven't got Trip Advizer ..... what happened to him on salvia??

Yeah man, gotta agree that the music from it is GREAT !!
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Edited Mar 29, 2015, 18:50
Mar 29, 2015, 17:50
Notes from "Julian In The Underworld....
This song was written aboout the psychedelic fallout that I experienced for four long months after inhaling a massive dose of salvia in June 2009CE. I took the drug, even today still legal and redily available via the internet - after much preliminary research and in preparation for writing the novel 131, which I believed required my achieving genuinely new altered states. Unfortunately, the size of the dose propelled me, nay, hurled me into such a netherworld quagmire that I was unabe to drive a car and put me in fear of my sanity. My family rallied as best they could, but were deeply troubed to see there once-capabe man of the house reduced to no more than salad with attitude. Throughout June-October, long hours were spent staring out of the window, my body so alien as to feel I was wearing a perptual wetsuit, and navigating around the house yeilding nemerous bruises and cuts, as again and again I stumbled and collided with starp corners of furniture. I cannot say that the experience did not achieve the desired effect, it did. 131 gained immenseley from my four munth tussle with this vegetitive state. Then I emerged successful from it's clutches. I can only put down my numerous other previous psychedelic expierences of my life combined with the stellar love and patience of my wife and daughters. I dedicate this song to you."
You have been warned!!

Funniy enough I was gonna try salvia till I read this, made me think twice, that's fer sure.

P.S. Get well soon!. Operations are horrible, and the anaesthtics used can leave you feeling shitty for quite a while. Hope you're on the mend.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Mar 29, 2015, 18:25
dee wrote:
Was it just me or did anyone else find 131 kinda tedious and confusing .... so much so that I gave up around half way .... just found it plain boring and the wackiness didn't work ..... I wasn't in a good way when I tried to read as I had just had a nasty operation so I will probably re read when in a better mood and hopefully succeed and enjoy!!

I got about a third of the way in before I gave up. I keep meaning to go back to it, but other things have wrestled my interest away.
elegant chaos
elegant chaos
2390 posts

Mar 29, 2015, 20:20
I did finish it. I found it profoundly disappointing.
dee
1955 posts

Mar 29, 2015, 20:34
Thanks man - im much better now :)))

Ive tried salvia several times a few years ago - it was weird but not like Copey's experience !!! Blimey !!! There are different strengths of salvia, he musta got the shizzle !!
dee
1955 posts

Mar 29, 2015, 20:35
Hmmmmmmm ...... I wonder if anybody enjoyed it ??

We all seem to have had a similar experience and summing up.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Mar 29, 2015, 21:09
There was a free sampler put out before the release I read a bit of that, as did many friends and it put us all off buying it to be honest. I may buy it one day but even though I only got a short way into it before being very disappointed it's not on my priority list.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Mar 30, 2015, 03:48
Mar 30, 2015, 03:44
I thought it was great. I've read it twice. You may have to. I really don't understand the negativity. A very imaginative novel.
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index