Moody Blues (for flashbackcaruso)

13 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
veneta1
223 posts

Re: Moody Blues (for flashbackcaruso) SPOLIER
Mar 28, 2015, 00:40
Fitter Stoke wrote:
The high price of tickets (and associate ripoffs like booking fees, handling fees etc) is just one of the reasons why I've pretty much stopped going to rock concerts. I'd add that I also don't relish being herded about like cattle by uppetty bouncers half my age. Or those bastards who do my eardrums in with piercing whistles. Or concerts that start so fucking late that I've got to spend the concert price again to get a cab home.

£60 to see three thirds of the Moody Blues? No thanks. I'd rather stay at home and hear those stunningly engineered seven LPs from 'Future Past' to 'Sojourn' on my stereo.

I pretty much agree with everything you write here but I'd have to say that you're going to the wrong type of gigs in the wrong kind of venues.

Between now and the middle of June I'm going to see The Heads, White Hills, Gnod, Eat Lights Become Lights, Steve Gunn, Earthless, Follakzoid, Kikagaku Moyo and Eternal Tapestry and I'm not paying more than £12 for any of 'em.

And as for paying £60 to see the Moodies play this particular setlist, I'd need to have been smoking crack for the last week to think that this was a good idea.

Unsung Forum Index