Unsung Forum »
Moody Blues (for flashbackcaruso)

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

Moody Blues (for flashbackcaruso)
Mar 26, 2015, 13:36
Yep, saw them last night and it is worth it. Great laser light show as well...
flashbackcaruso
1056 posts

Re: Moody Blues (for flashbackcaruso)
Mar 26, 2015, 16:19
Lawrence wrote:
Yep, saw them last night and it is worth it. Great laser light show as well...

Glad to hear it. Don't really know the era this tour is focused on, but I assume they did some of the earlier stuff for the encores at least?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Mar 26, 2015, 18:52
The first half was mostly deep cuts from their albums, the second was their hits (pretty much all of them and they did include Knights in White Satin of course!) And did their encore of "Ride My See Saw" (which I was told they always did as an encore.) Justin Hayward's voice was still on form and so was his guitar playing. Mike Pinder and Ray Thomas aren't in the band anymore sadly -- didn't even have Patrick Moraz who was in the Polydor lineup... Younger guy doing most of the keyboards and two chicks doing some of the other instruments and backing vocals.

So if you still have the chance check them out -- it may be the last time of course as they're pretty old now. Of course I was too young to see them in their prime but is probably the best show I've seen since Patti Smith in Buffalo '03.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Mar 26, 2015, 20:30
Where was this? I'd love to see the Moodies :)
Lawrence
9547 posts

Mar 27, 2015, 02:15
My town of Rochester New York of course... :) Not sure if they've already toured England... If they haven't maybe they're saving it for last or something.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Mar 27, 2015, 06:36
Squid Tempest wrote:

They are doing Hammersmith in December. I did have a look at the set lists on line from the US dates but looks like they are not playing much that I am interested in hearing live. Not for £60 at any rate!
flashbackcaruso
1056 posts

Mar 27, 2015, 09:29
IanB wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:

They are doing Hammersmith in December. I did have a look at the set lists on line from the US dates but looks like they are not playing much that I am interested in hearing live. Not for £60 at any rate!

I'd definitely want 'Legend Of A Mind' or 'The Best Way To Travel'. A bit unrealistic, maybe?
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Re: Moody Blues (for flashbackcaruso) SPOLIER
Mar 27, 2015, 13:19
flashbackcaruso wrote:
IanB wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:

I'd definitely want 'Legend Of A Mind' or 'The Best Way To Travel'. A bit unrealistic, maybe?

Here is a sample list from the current tour

Gemini Dream
The Voice
Steppin' in a Slide Zone
You and Me
Gypsy
Nervous
Say It With Love
Peak Hour
I Know You're Out There Somewhere
The Story in Your Eyes
Set 2:
Your Wildest Dreams
Isn't Life Strange
Tuesday Afternoon
Higher and Higher
Driftwood
I'm Just a Singer (In a Rock and Roll Band)
Late Lament
Nights in White Satin
Question
Encore:
Ride My See-Saw
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Mar 27, 2015, 15:38
IanB wrote:
flashbackcaruso wrote:
IanB wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:

Gemini Dream
The Voice
Steppin' in a Slide Zone
You and Me
Gypsy
Nervous
Say It With Love
Peak Hour
The Story in Your Eyes
Set 2:
Your Wildest Dreams
Isn't Life Strange
Tuesday Afternoon
Higher and Higher
Driftwood
Late Lament
Nights in White Satin
Question
Encore:
Ride My See-Saw

Still sounds OK, not what I would have chosen but a few goodies. Still £60?? TOo much for that, as you say.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Mar 27, 2015, 17:46
Mar 27, 2015, 17:08
Squid Tempest wrote:
IanB wrote:
flashbackcaruso wrote:
IanB wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:

Gemini Dream
The Voice
Steppin' in a Slide Zone
You and Me
Gypsy
Nervous
Say It With Love
Peak Hour
The Story in Your Eyes
Set 2:
Your Wildest Dreams
Isn't Life Strange
Tuesday Afternoon
Higher and Higher
Driftwood
Late Lament
Nights in White Satin
Question
Encore:
Ride My See-Saw

Still sounds OK, not what I would have chosen but a few goodies. Still £60?? TOo much for that, as you say.

£55 plus the add ons. Steven Wilson is more or less the same price. We are going to get squeezed £50 at a time until the pips squeak. Don't understand how I can see a 100 piece orchestra in the same seat in the same venue for £25 but a five piece rock band can't play there without fleecing the audience. It's like all these rockers think that every pay day is their last. Or maybe they think our next pay day might be our last!
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index