Unsung Forum »
Loop - new stuff.

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Wiggy
1696 posts

Loop - new stuff.
Mar 05, 2015, 15:26
I bumped into Wayne from The Heads on the school run this morning - he's been drumming for Loop recently and mentioned there's some brand new recorded output on the way. Great news!
Apparently the new stuff is really good, so am looking forward to this.
Anyone seen them play recently?
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Edited Mar 05, 2015, 16:11
Re: Loop - new stuff.
Mar 05, 2015, 16:11
We should have who we bump into on the school run and supermarket trolley dash thread, I reckon.

Nice to hear there's some new Loop poop on its way. I saw them... Ooh, I want to think about how long ago that was, actually.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Mar 05, 2015, 18:56
Wiggy wrote:
I bumped into Wayne from The Heads on the school run this morning - he's been drumming for Loop recently and mentioned there's some brand new recorded output on the way. Great news!
Apparently the new stuff is really good, so am looking forward to this.
Anyone seen them play recently?

I did see them at heaven last year, but that was the "Gilded Eternity" line-up, whilst I gather Robert Hampson is the only original member now so I'm curious as to what the new stuff will sound like. There are certainly enough younger bands who sound influenced by Loop for them to generate interest thirty years on.
Davey_B
Davey_B
408 posts

Mar 05, 2015, 19:01
The Heaven gig if it was the one with Godflesh was with Wayne. There were only three of the Gilded Eternity line up left by then. That was a pretty formidable gig. I'm looking forward to the new stuff
Davey_B
Davey_B
408 posts

Mar 05, 2015, 19:02
Kid Calamity wrote:
We should have who we bump into on the school run and supermarket trolley dash thread, I reckon.

Nice to hear there's some new Loop poop on its way. I saw them... Ooh, I want to think about how long ago that was, actually.

Last time I was in London in January that Robert Plant walked past me in Wardour Street.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Mar 06, 2015, 13:49
Mar 05, 2015, 19:31
Davey_B wrote:
The Heaven gig if it was the one with Godflesh was with Wayne. There were only three of the Gilded Eternity line up left by then. That was a pretty formidable gig. I'm looking forward to the new stuff

Ah ok, didn't know that - and yes, it was a pretty formidable gig. I read on their Facebook page that Scott Dowson and Neil Mackay couldn't become permanent members because the latter new now lives in New Zealand, amongst other reasons. I await the new stuff with interest.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Edited Mar 05, 2015, 23:30
Mar 05, 2015, 23:30
Robert Hampson was also the only original member left at the time of Gilded Eternity too since the lineup had changed completely since their first releases anyway. Wasn't his wife on the drums in the original line up?

First member of the band I met was James who went on to manage Tindersticks for a while. & there was at least one other guitarist before Scott joined. I'm not sure when Neil came in.
John had been drumming with the Servants who I think also had Luke Haines as a member.

Stevo
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Mar 06, 2015, 09:14
He once pushed in front of me, in a queue. He did then turn round and apologise and ask if I minded, though.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Mar 06, 2015, 09:35
I think i was outside Sister Ray at the same time as Jimmy Page a couple of years ago. Certainly looked like him.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Mar 06, 2015, 21:53
Mar 06, 2015, 13:07
Stevo wrote:
Robert Hampson was also the only original member left at the time of Gilded Eternity too since the lineup had changed completely since their first releases anyway. Wasn't his wife on the drums in the original line up?

First member of the band I met was James who went on to manage Tindersticks for a while. & there was at least one other guitarist before Scott joined. I'm not sure when Neil came in.
John had been drumming with the Servants who I think also had Luke Haines as a member.

Stevo

Yeah , that's true - it's just that "AGE" is my favourite of their albums and it was made by the only incarnation of the band that I saw live back in the day, so subjectively I tend to think of it as the *classic* line-up even though it wasn't the firsty one.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index