Unsung Forum »
Honest Jons online store

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Honest Jons online store
Feb 05, 2015, 02:54
Anyone here use this? First impression: wow! I really am Amazon averse, but was after a Terry Riley album, almost caved in then chanced on Honest Jons site when browsing further. Item w a y cheaper. Check out the Kraut in the 'Odds' section, and the outernational and soundtracks sections and the reggae...sheesh, if I had the dosh. Lots of lovely vinyl too, for those equipped. http://honestjons.com/shop/latest_100_arrivals
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Re: Honest Jons online store
Mar 28, 2015, 10:08
I really think the link in my first post is worth keeping a frequent eye on... genuinely caring and knowledgeable reviews of the latest arrivals, among which Ras Michael and the Sons of Negus' Love Thy Neighbour and prime Gregory on vinyl, and a Burundi comp from the mighty and totally worthy Ocora label...
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Mar 28, 2015, 12:50
I found the shop which is on Portobello Road has had some really great prices on a number of things. Not sure how large the section is for Kraut/prog/other weirdness and they are a lot more of a jazz shop than i think anything else, though they could be more funk etc oriented too and I think the location has probably meant Reggae has had some focus too.

Not used their mailorder since I have tended to go there in person when I've been in London.

But yeah really good shop.

I think there's some connection to Art Yard who do Sun Ra reissues too isn't there?

Stevo
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Mar 28, 2015, 13:53
Pass...but the online kraut and reggae sections are very nice indeed.
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Mar 28, 2015, 15:21
I wouldn't be putting money in the pocket of Damon Albarn, would I? I just couldn't do that. Standards are standards.
Unsung Forum Index