Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Tyrannosaurus Rex My People Were Fair....

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Tyrannosaurus Rex My People Were Fair....
Jan 29, 2015, 19:45
....was reissued remastered on Monday with a bonus disc of alt takes, unissued material and Peel Sessions. Eee, makes me misty-eyed. Oh D-deborahhh...
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Re: Tyrannosaurus Rex My People Were Fair....
Jan 30, 2015, 06:38
Thanks for the heads-up! All of the first 3 Ty Rex albums reissued in deluxe versions!

Don't toss out your last reissues though -- they contain material not replicated on these new ones! Cheeky!
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Jan 30, 2015, 09:18
And bloody typical...see Denny, Martyn, etc etc - this looks well worth it though. Some of my earliest Peel memories therein.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Feb 01, 2015, 00:29
I was just thinking there had been 2cd versions a few years back. I remember thinking about getting them in an HMV sale a few years ago.

I did see the new versions of at least the 1st 2 and possibly the 3rd of these today in the new HMV premises.

Stevo
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Feb 02, 2015, 07:37
For the record, I don't believe there were ever 2-cd versions of these 3 albums; there were reissues w/a ton of bonus tracks but AFAIK they were all single-disk affairs (again, I'm only speaking of these first 3 Ty Rex titles).

Please set me straight if I'm wrong!
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Feb 02, 2015, 10:27
I think you're right. Me and Rolling Ronnie bought and swapped rips of the last lot.

They were all single discs, with alternative versions and mixes squeezed in. A good enough reissue, for me. So, I don't feel any inclination to bag copies of these new releases, personally - despite them looking as lovely as they do.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Feb 02, 2015, 16:50
Wonder if I saw a multifold digipack and assumed it was a double disc?
Looked like it was a larger size I thought and therefore it followed that it was double..
Or did the next lps after those come out as double discs and me think it was the whole set.

Just trying to think of format. Did the previous series come out in card slipcases over digipacks so it would have been difficult to see what width they were anyway.

IT is a couple of years ago and I was under the impression that they were longer. So not sure exactly where i got the idea from at the time.

They did seem to be greatly expanded anyway so if the original running time is likely to be about 1/2 an hour then it is also very possible you could double the length on a single disc.

Stevo
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Feb 02, 2015, 17:04
Ah, the ones we got had cardboard sleeves - but, they were over regular plastic jewel cases, not digipaks.
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Feb 02, 2015, 19:02
I got 'My People Were Fair...', 'Prophet, Seers & Sages...', 'Unicorn', 'A Beard Of Stars' and 'T.REX' all expanded editions - and all on a single disc, most of them with about thirty tracks on and all remastered in 2004. They were released by Universal/A&M.
Unsung Forum Index