Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 24 January 2015 CE

35 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 24 January 2015 CE
Jan 25, 2015, 20:58
1) Boris - New Album (that's the title) ... was given an afterhours recordshop blast of this yesterday. F****n hell. "Like Todd Rundgren's Utopia on mescaline"quoth m'shopownermate. And then some. Shoegazy praps, but a hundred times better than the likes of Ariel Pink, pees on Tame Impala too, imo. Sonically and productiony a triumph, incredible playing. Sends you dizzy with stuff relentlessly whizzing from speaker to speaker, not sure I could take 'phones. Described on net as Boris's pop album...f'in weird pop! My mate refused to sell because he only had one copy and wanted it for himself. Can understand why. Top Japness, this is. Mooncat may really appreciate, seriously, but enough to make The Black Thing swivel-eyed, if anything is. Full albums on youtube. The more volume the better....... 2) Zoobombs - Welcome Back, Zoobombs! ... Unrelenting squiffy guitary loudness and surreally bits. Jon Spencer Blues Explosion's been given as a rough comparison on the net, but, like Boris, any comparisons are mangled and magnified. Once again, well done Land of Rising Sun ........ 3) A comp of Floyd stuff my muso mate has done, from Zabriskie Point, Ummagumma and More. Having the gear, and him having rubbed shoulders with the likes of Lanois, the CD's and vinyl've deconstructed and reassembled, the contents sounding better than they have ever done before. Really. Harvest have NOT made the best use of their masters. I should stress this is not, repeat not, a boot, just a private project to right something that had been long bugging him, and I'm very grateful to have been given a copy. I just hope Floyd return to the source material again before it decays - unless, like the Meddle tapes, it has already - and make a definitive job of it, because, having heard a 'compare and contrast' they clearly have not, take my word for it. Cirrus Minor is transcendent, to die to....... 4/5) Tangerine Dream - Best Of, Rubycon.......6) Edgar Froese - Solo (1974-1983)- The Virgin Years ... listening ongoing to these. Am knocked sideways by this inevitable ....... 7) Richard Thompson - Action Packed: The Best Of The Capitol Years ... RT is recording with the Electric Trio this month, follow-up to Electric and hopefully another UK tour in a few months, something to look forward to ........ 8) Robert Palmer - Sneakin Sally Through The Alley/Pressure Drop twofer...miss the guy. This number increases relentlessly : (
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index