64 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Edited Jan 12, 2015, 02:52
Re: Contact
Jan 12, 2015, 01:54
Sorry for being a thinker rather than doer on this. More musings... another good person to contact might be Alex Paterson via the Orb's website http://www.theorb.com. I think he's got the right leanings, and also has Dave Gilmour's ear. I've seen Steve share a stage with Dave in times past too. Dave'd be pleased to see a resurgence in interest in his old labelmates/support act I'm sure, and might be inclined to quietly assist. The facebook page at t'Orb would certainly be worth getting on.. and doubtless Edgar and Steve have 'interesting' address books too. As for live versions for editing down, if deemed that's the way to go, I think the Glastonbury Fayre one had the most punch, but it's probably fortyish years since I heard it so the memory might be playing tricks. Gawd knows where the mastertapes are - the reissue used a boot tape, I think, not greatest quality. I think this whole thing may have a degree if coincidence to it as, after a period of disharmony, Edgar, Steve and Victor Unitt all turned up at Buckinghamshire Museum last year for the opening of the Friars Aylesbury exhibition.. irrespective of this plan I think and hope that an EBB reunion's on the cards for this year. It would be good to let the music mags know about things a fortnightish before print - not publishing - date of their last editions before the GE.. the final choice for download would therefore have to be made before this. Might be good to have another version in reserve on a different label 'just in case'. Anyway, all power to elbows. There must be so many normal looking greyheads about who remember this most cathartic of songs, let alone those who have yet to hear it.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index