Unsung Forum »
Out Demons Out

Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Out Demons Out
Jan 01, 2015, 14:33
Seeing as we are now in the year of the General Election, I think it would be pretty cool if this, somehow, formed part of the soundtrack in the run up to voting. I can 'hear' it being chanted in the face of campaigning Tories all over.

It's so appropriate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N69SQfoOBfo
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Re: Out Demons Out
Jan 01, 2015, 14:44
Often thought Children Of The Grave would make a great soundtrack to a party political broadcast. The perfect political party that is. The one that could only exist in my head.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Jan 01, 2015, 14:50
My mate and I listen to it quite frequently, and are of like mind as yourself as a rallying call against those that rule today. It is, sadly, timelessly relevant. Yeah, I know it shows my age and may be seen as a 'hip boast', but isn't meant as such, but as I've mentioned before I've actually stood in a crowd of 100000 and roared it in response to Edgar. This song has such power - a liberating noise... oh that festivals that size these days could summon such emotion. As a bye the bye, Edgar(Rob) and Steve have resolved personal differences and played together again. Would love to see another EBB reunion in '15 and hear this live again.
Bama Lama
15 posts

Jan 08, 2015, 16:04
Moon Cat wrote:
Seeing as we are now in the year of the General Election, I think it would be pretty cool if this, somehow, formed part of the soundtrack in the run up to voting. I can 'hear' it being chanted in the face of campaigning Tories all over.

It's so appropriate!

We could organise a mass gig with revolving musicians (I mean musicians swapping over rather than spinning on the spot) resulting in a perpetual version of Out Demons Out.
caldervalium
caldervalium
516 posts

Edited Jan 09, 2015, 15:16
Jan 08, 2015, 18:34
If any Calderdale HHers wish to thus harangue the odious Craig Whittaker MP next time he dares to pitch a campaign stall on Hebden Bridge market, let me know. I can get either a PA system or megaphones - your shout, as it were.
caldervalium
caldervalium
516 posts

Jan 08, 2015, 21:38
Moon Cat wrote:

It's so appropriate!

Would be marvellous to get it to Number 1 in the charts for election week, methinks upon reflection.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jan 08, 2015, 21:49
caldervalium wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:

It's so appropriate!

Would be marvellous to get it to Number 1 in the charts for election week, methinks upon reflection.

Does anyone have any pointers as to how one might organise such thing? I'm on social media but I'm not really sure how you'd get a campaign going. Having said, I do intend emailing the EBB band (If there is still a working thing going) and asking for their interest and help.

There are a number of HH people on here with tha BIZ experience that may know of what can be done.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Jan 08, 2015, 22:20
Would think that the same folks who gave the initial kick to the re-release of RATM - or indeed The Witch Is Dead - would be the place to start. Worth delving on t'net for sure. Trouble is, who's there to vote for? I'm voting Green as usual, but am not so sure about the company they keep these days.. I'd really love to hear one of the several versions on the radio again. I think an edit of a live version'd be best, praps more impassioned than studio. Anyway, yes, Mooncat, you are absolutely right.
caldervalium
caldervalium
516 posts

Jan 09, 2015, 09:35
Yes, this needs to happen.
Bama Lama
15 posts

Jan 09, 2015, 10:05
caldervalium wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:

It's so appropriate!

Could start a facebook page and all that?....
Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index