Register
Unsung Forum »
Smoke Fairies - Wild Winter

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Smoke Fairies - Wild Winter
Dec 21, 2014, 20:55
I know a few of you are Fairy followers on here so a quick shout for the quite unexpected and sneaky but delighted it's here new Smoke Fairies "Christmas" album "Wild Winter".

It's a Christmas album but there ain't no sleigh-bells or carols (though there is a Captain Beefheart cover!). It's a winter themed album with songs of the snow and heartache and too much wine. Sonically, it's like a wintery companion piece to April's self-titled album, with perhaps some wintery atmos thrown in. What it really isn't is a throw-a-way Xmas project. It's a fully realised, standalone album and is rather great. In fact, I think it's got the edge on the earlier release in terms of songs and atmos and I heartily recommend it to those who Smoke.

Funny, but seeing as, according to themselves, they were on the cusp of calling it a day not so lomg ago, they've now cranked out two fab albums and yet more tours this year.

Huzzah for the Smokeular ones
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Re: Smoke Fairies - Wild Winter
Dec 21, 2014, 21:00
Indeed. If they're into the Capn enough to cover then mwahs from moi.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Dec 21, 2014, 21:02
I should warn you though Spence...they gave a shout to...The Slackness...on social meeja earlier. Those poor gals.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Dec 21, 2014, 22:28
That's just why ah don't partake...... wish I could shield them with a mirror and break the spell of the evil fluppet
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Dec 29, 2014, 10:40
Moon Cat wrote:
I know a few of you are Fairy followers on here so a quick shout for the quite unexpected and sneaky but delighted it's here new Smoke Fairies "Christmas" album "Wild Winter".

It's a Christmas album but there ain't no sleigh-bells or carols (though there is a Captain Beefheart cover!). It's a winter themed album with songs of the snow and heartache and too much wine. Sonically, it's like a wintery companion piece to April's self-titled album, with perhaps some wintery atmos thrown in. What it really isn't is a throw-a-way Xmas project. It's a fully realised, standalone album and is rather great. In fact, I think it's got the edge on the earlier release in terms of songs and atmos and I heartily recommend it to those who Smoke.

Funny, but seeing as, according to themselves, they were on the cusp of calling it a day not so lomg ago, they've now cranked out two fab albums and yet more tours this year.

Huzzah for the Smokeular ones

I actually haven't heard it yet. Been too busy. If I can get the original demos to you then I will. Not digitalised.

Matt may have a few lying around. Rare as hens teeth however. He won't mind as we know each other.

[email protected]
Unsung Forum Index