Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 23 November 2014 CE

39 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 23 November 2014 CE
Nov 23, 2014, 19:32
Spaceship - Walthamstow Marshes moved on from playing this with different drones to using it soundtrack wildlife documentries on youtube, in one all the wildebeest ran away when the bike bell started ringing which was mildly amusing :-)
also listened to Kelvedon Hatch & Dronevil by Boris at the same time [without wildebeest vids :-( ]
Damo Suzuki & Solus 3 -live excellent live recording of Damo with Mr B's band, talking of HH regulars gave
Dead Sea Apes & Black Tempest - The Sun Behind The Sun a spin as well, after praise for new DSA lp , ended up getting the new 11 Paranoias & Haikai No Ku instead as I found out the HNK lp is nearly sold out
Saw Blown Out play a short but sweet set on Thursday and got the new LP which is well worth a listen, also listened to a bit of Lobster Priest, Basillica & Chonyid.Found out the Haikai No Ku gig I missed in Gateshead was a bit of a damp squib as the amps blew up after 20 mins, not really surprising if you've seen Mike vest play.Mrs Elf found Blown Out a bit loud so we listened to Khuunt outside the pub, she didn't like them at all, shame means I can't buy her a Khuunt tee shirt for xmas
Superfjord/Earthling Society play Coltrane
Postcards from the Deep v/a
7&7 is v/a all FDM releases and all excellent especially the Coltrane set
Earthling Society - England Have My Bones
Slade - Alive
Rory Gallagher - Irish Tour 74 this expanded set is superb, some moans on the net about the extra discs not being top quality fidelity, fuck off back to your DSOTM quadrophonic lps you sad tossers and let the rest of us enjoy the music
Any other spare time was taken up with Robert Plant & Led Zeppelin, Plant live was top quality this week, I can quite happily live without LZ retreading old ground if Plant keeps rewriting his past with such aplomb, would have been gig of the year in any other year,sorry Robert but Kates Helicopter beats even Whole Lotta Love
Relived Plants bad old days with a bunch of Zep boots Seattle 75, LA 70,75 & 77 and Japan 71 and listened to his solo stuff from Dreamland onwards
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index