The madness of King Crimson

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Edited Oct 29, 2014, 16:50
The madness of King Crimson
Oct 29, 2014, 16:49
How can anyone make any money, how can you pay for people to earn a living from their time if they can only get peanuts for their creativity?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MOZ1N7S/ref=dra_a_rv_ff_fx_it_P2000_1000?tag=dradisplay0bb-21&ascsubtag=4a251a2ef9bbf4ccc35f97aba2c9cbda

£106 for 27 pieces and ephemera all gathered together in a box - sold cheaper than from the KC vendor - cheaper than on the merchandising at recent King Crimson concerts in the US ( it was $220) Amazon reminds me of the business model employed by Peter Sellars in the Magic Christian. I am not complaining that the box exists. Fripp has managed the almost unique place in being able to live and enter a compartment of nostalgia and offer something that a fan would dream of and not bankrupt them. Then exit that room and focus on living in the moment creatively.
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Re: The madness of King Crimson
Oct 30, 2014, 13:51
I assume Amazon has bought a substanial amt from Fripp
so a discount to them may be passed onto us

The price constantly moves

Amazon does not want to get stuck with these so a good price when they are released moves units

The sound quality of the shows is quite variable that it may not/cannot demand top dollar

The Road to Red has moved around in price also with some vendors dumping it for less $100, there is only so much product the market will bear for any band

DGM has marketed some of these in other guises much more expensively
and fans may not be moved to buy again unless the price is attractive
Unsung Forum Index