Unsung Forum »
Amazing Snakeheads Live.

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Amazing Snakeheads Live.
Oct 14, 2014, 00:06
Just got back from the most menacing, melevalent, viceral and uplifting Rock and Roll gig I've been to since I don't know when. Do yourselves a favour and get your booties down to your nearest Amazing Snakeheads gig (a mere £8 in most towns) and have yourself a 60 minute blast. Not old enough to have attended early punk gigs, but I imagine the atmosphere must have been similar. Songs were spat out, chords where thrashed, feedback was revelled in, and all with the minimum of enbelishment (guitar, drums, bass, trem and Reverb/delay).
Definately a case of less is more. Dale couldn't have played more than a handful of chords while he (shirtless) prowled the audience abusing his guitar, and screaming out the heartfelt vocals. The guys a fuckin' force of nature. You know you always read about particular artists blathering on that if they didn't do what they do, they'd go nuts or be in prison. I get the impression that Dale is one of those guys. Fuckin' amazing performance. Will deffo be checking them out live again at the soonest opportunity.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Amazing Snakeheads Live.
Oct 14, 2014, 09:49
Finally caught them at the Wickerman this year. Got tickets to see them next week(?). I'd concur on how great they are. However, I'd point out they are silly as all hell. Pantomime, similarly to The Cramps (if not as high camp).
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Oct 24, 2014, 12:38
And, thoroughly enjoy them, I did
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Oct 24, 2014, 15:00
Yeah, gotta be gig of the year (don't expect it to change really either).
Even better than Phantom Band a few weeks previous, and that was a superb night too.

Glad you enjoyed it. They've got a hell of a tour ahead of them, serious amount of dates. Wonder what our continental cousins will make of them :)
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Oct 24, 2014, 19:19
Nah, didn't touch the Phantoms.

Venue was a bit too bi for them, last night, too
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Oct 24, 2014, 20:38
Luckily, they played a small venue in Brum, much better atmosphere.

Saw PB about 3 years back too, after 'Checkmate Savage' was released, played their hearts out and had a great rapport with the crowd even though there was only about 30 people there. Always feel shitty for the band when that happens. Mind you, it was Valentines day (lucky for me the missus is into PB big time). Birmingham Seems to be a notorious town of no shows for small gigs. Saw The Warlock when they toured 'Phoenix', again, about 30 peeps turned up. Ditto Oneida, in fact, at Oneida, more people turned up for the shitty local (soon to disappear into nowheresville) support than the actual head liner....feckin' amazing night though.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Oct 25, 2014, 11:20
Were you at the Hare & Hounds PB gig?
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Oct 25, 2014, 13:59
Yeah. Ditto Phantom Band.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Oct 25, 2014, 21:42
Wish I'd known, I'd have said hello
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Oct 26, 2014, 00:01
Feckin' ' ell small world. Sorry to have missed ya. Maybe next time :)
Unsung Forum Index