32 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Re: Recommend an Album to the Above HH'er
Oct 13, 2014, 19:44
Sin Agog wrote:
Oh wow, I just stepped inside my boat after getting bashed into by a car skidding in the rain, and Kikagaku Moyo have already made me forget all about it. Taj Mahal Travellers for the '00s! Exactly what I needed to hear at this exact moment. Thankyoumuchly! And to mongonaut, too.

I seem to recall you've listened to some pretty zen stuff on Soundtracks. This might be a bit of a risk, and it is technically just a song (a 30 minute one), but I find it never fails to transport me with its primitive mid-'70s electronics, narration that gets progressively more out there, and a really naive sense of awe throughout: Blue Gene Tyranny - Out of the Blue. Hope it whisks you away the way it does me. I think it's safe to say that it sounds like absolutely nothing else... Probably the most human piece to ever come from the mind of a Modern Classicist. It's pretty mental that he was a one-time member of The Stooges, especially after you hear that song.

Metal is my blind-spot. Someone hit me with your best shot. My ears are open.

Glad you liked KM - hopefully seeing them perform with Damo Sazuki next week! Blue Gene Tyranny was an interesting listen - I shall give it another listen, I need to to work out what the hell was going on in some places!

As for metal - my last metal purchase was Earth's Primitive and Deadly. This is my favourite track from it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71nROr1yLgI
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index