Unsung Forum »
BERLIN

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

BERLIN
Aug 24, 2014, 19:13
Just booked a week over there. Any suggestions of music venues and record shops?
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Aug 24, 2014, 20:21
Re: BERLIN
Aug 24, 2014, 19:55
The Kesselhaus is a real cool place. Fairly central and I think near the zoo. All the artists hang out there, so you should be able to find a record shop.

http://www.kesselhaus-berlin.de/

My girl went home a day before me, so instead of moping, I walked from The West to The East, and the transformation from that City towards The East was quite incredible. I went from Westernised Berlin (really busy) to Paris like (chilled), to absolutely nobody being their.. The East..almost Soviet. It's so quiet in the East of Berlin. Really nice.

A 10 hour walk though there and back! Worth every damned step however. Pubs - obligiatory!
Fatalist
Fatalist
1123 posts

Aug 24, 2014, 20:33
Pandora's Box is the place for 70s stuff, run by the guy who does the Second Battle label: http://www.collectorrecords.de/deutsch/pandorasbox_berlin_impressum.html
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Aug 25, 2014, 09:43
Many thanks. Duly noted. Lady Calamity and me will be spending a week there, shortly. I'm trying to find a decent 'What's On' site online, but the Time Out one doesn't have much of a search engine behind it. I'll do a bit more sleuthing later.
wychburyman
951 posts

Aug 25, 2014, 10:16
You'll love it. On a separate issue take time to take a stroll down the length of Karl Mark Allee. Not much in the way of shops but the architecture is monumental. And hardly any tourists.

There are some good web sites you can source but I can't quite recall them right now, not much use I know!

Here are some photos to wet your whistle....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/63444883@N06/sets/72157634442976679/
earthlingfred93
1115 posts

Aug 25, 2014, 10:21
Kid Calamity wrote:
Many thanks. Duly noted. Lady Calamity and me will be spending a week there, shortly. I'm trying to find a decent 'What's On' site online, but the Time Out one doesn't have much of a search engine behind it. I'll do a bit more sleuthing later.

Best city on earth......but I've not been to many. It is however all a reproduction, well most of it. Went to Hansa studios. We went to potsdamer platz and walked it, but it's a bugger to find.if you go to Mendelssohn Bartholdy park U bahn and turn left out of the station it's about 500 yards on the right. You have to book a tour but we snook in when a delivery man opened up to deliver drinks much to the staffs surprise. Apparently I was the first person ever to buy a Hansa t-shirt according to the receptionist.........
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Aug 25, 2014, 19:02
I wonder whether I could be the second.
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Aug 31, 2014, 10:59
Ah, Pandora Records appears to be walkable from where our hotel is. Well on the map I'm poring over, at the moment. We'll be over there in a couple of weeks.
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Aug 31, 2014, 11:23
Actually, looking at maps and guidebooks, this one doesn't appear too far from our hotel, either! I'll look into booking a tour - or checkout times of drinks deliveries.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Aug 31, 2014, 14:02
It'll take your breath away. :)
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index